Too Critical? McDonalds?

Options
124»

Replies

• sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The idea is to "be healthy" by eating healthy. Skipping meals only means that she is probably intaking most of the calories at that one meal at McD's. Mc D's once in a while if OK if you take care not to overdo the rest of the day/week. It'll catch up one of these days. Don't let her sway you - keep doing what you are - for a HEALTHIER you!
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Too each thier own. I personally will not deprive myself for something I want. While I will not get french fries, I will steal one from someone I am with. And days that I ride to work and back, I burn about 1200 calories (its a pretty far ride) I will get a 10 peice mcnugget with a salad, Just to get some calories back. I throw in snacks and sports drinks (low sugar) and still cant eat my calories back.

If it annoys you, delete them. If it is detrimental to your goals, then do what you need to.

(on a side not) Out of most fast food chains, I think McDs gets a bad wrap. They put nutrition facts on the food. Some places hide thier facts to thier best ability. Also, they are talking about happy meals coming with apples and the customer has to ask for fries. Of course, fast food is bad, not good for nutrition, teriible for arteries, Im not condoning it, by any means. Just thought I would throw that out on the table.
  • crysofmyk
    crysofmyk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a friend like that too. McDonald's for breakfast, Arby's for lunch, etc. Keep up your healthy eating and don't worry about those who can lose weight eating fast food. Just because their weight is going down doesn't mean that they are getting healthier, and really, isn't that the ultimate goal? Ever watch Supersize Me? That stuff is horrible for you. You don't have to be overweight to have a heart attack.

But in answer to your question, no I didn't drop her. In fact what I did was open up my diary so my friends could see it and hope she would look and get inspired without me saying a word. Don't know if she has, but hey, it was worth a shot. :smile:
  • BethanyCee
    Options
    I think it might be in this person's best interest to ditch you, actually.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    In South Africa you can order Mc D's burger with a side of corn of the cob, they give you butter to go with it but you don't have to put it on the corn. Last Saturday my day went horribly wrong because of family commitments and I really didn't have time to cook, I was exhaustred and the kids were hungry. Mu hubby got some Mc D. It was either eat that or go to bed without any food. I think balance is the key.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't see the big deal with what other people eat. Like they say, you're only given one body and it's your choice how you treat it. All you can do is worry about yourself, let other people live their own lives.

Losing weight is a science really. I don't eat perfect all the time at all, actually.. hardly ever to I keep a good healthy streak. Everytime I watch my calories I lose weight pretty easily, I just never really cared as much as I do now. If I want to go to a bar and eat pizza and drink beer, I just make sure my calories aren't too high. I keep my food diary private because of this, I don't claim to be healthy.. but what I'm doing is working for me. Same with him.

unfortunately he will probably be "Skinny fat" in the end. Skinny on the outside, and health problems of a "fat" person on the inside.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I would. It may be better for them in the long run. Personally, I wouldn't want supposed friends who would drop me because they don't like the way I eat or exercise or whatever.
  • bvalosek
    bvalosek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lol wow. some people...
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I never look at people's diaries even if they leave them open. I personally feel it's none of my business what they decided to eat. Whatever they do, I still praise them for comming on here and logging in and trying daily..
  • hector234
    Options
    nothing wrong with eating fast food, as long as you don't over do it. I still eat Wendys and stuff like that, but it's normally chicken burgers.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Uh oh, I would be in deeeep trouble. For a snack or a lunch, I eat a small hamburger/jr. hamburger (no cheese) from McDonald's, Checkers, Wendy's, Burger King or a Taco from Taco Bell all of the time. I can't quote the nutritional information, but it fits in very well when doing errands and hitting the four hour mark and hungry. When my food logs are reviewed by my nutritionist, she doesn't give me a hard time because I eat plenty of other proteins that are lean, usually stay under my carbs and sugars and take my vitamins.

My husband and I sometimes even split a small french fry once in a while. AND (GASP!) I will defy my doctor's "no liquid calores" rule once a month or so and get a small milkshake. When in Virginia, I go WHOLE HOG and get a banana pudding milkshake at Chik Fil A which must be 50,000 calories, 156,000 carbs and 2,456,489 grams of sugar!

I understand how hard it is to see someone defy the rules and still lose while you are towing the line, but you have to decide if you are just too tempted to avoid looking at his food log (I might have that problem...I'm nosey) and when you look, if it hurts your own motivation. It's your decision.

Personally, I have a much worse time (on anything, not just weight loss) when my friends call me over and over and over for YEARS for advice about how to handle the same situation and they NEVER follow my advice and never take responsibility for the fact that they are causing their own problems. So, if that person is complaining or continually asking your advice, I would eventually blow up at them. LOL.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    There have been studies done on so called "healthy eating" and many would be surprised to hear that some of what you think you know isn't really true.

http://www.healthy-eating-politics.com/food-myths.html

http://www.centerformedicalweightloss.com/food-and-recipes/food-and-nutrition/top-healthy-eating-myths-debunked/
  • betty51
    betty51 Posts: 52
    Options
    And this is why my journal is private. Not because I go to McD's every day, LOL but I can do without judgment.

Hahaha!!! Same here !!!

what other people eats should not bother you at all .