Less Alcohol - December 2018 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    mobuckl wrote: »
    Made it through a holiday party Saturday night AF. 66 days AF
    @mobuckl that is an awesome victory. 66 days AF on top of the holiday party gremlins tugging at us. Keep up the great accountability.

karenesg wrote: »
    Not yet! Slipping back into bad habits. Planning for better today. This may just be day 1... again :smiley:
    @karenesg not to worry. We all slip. It is the getting back up that is important. As long as you want to count those less alcohol days you ARE moving in a positive path. Thanks for checking in.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Tracking is key for me in everything.
    Shooting for 5 days AF this week.

Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 -
    Dec 04 -
    Dec 05 -
    Dec 06 -
    Dec 07 -
    Dec 08 -
    Dec 09 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 11 -
    Dec 12 -
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • MissMay
    Great goal @dawnbgethealthy. There will be a bunch of us waiting for you at your finish line of at least five days AF.
  • MissMay
    Welcome @GDowning2Fit there are many different ways to approach drinking less.
    *You could decide to only drink on the weekend or to cut down the number of bottles you consume.
    *You could say M-W-F are drink days with an only one glass limit, leaving T-TH as dry days and then have it a little less restricted on weekends.
    *Play around with it find your own niche that fits you.
    Nice to have you here.
  • MissMay
    ....and using my wine glasses to start a herb garden...

This cracked me up and yet makes so much sense. Congrats on 169 that is fantastic. A habit would be what I would be hoping too. Fingers crossed !
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 -
    Dec 05 -
    Dec 06 -
    Dec 07 -
    Dec 08 -
    Dec 09 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 11 -
    Dec 12 -
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 05 -
    Dec 06 -
    Dec 07 -
    Dec 08 -
    Dec 09 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 11 -
    Dec 12 -
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    My husband told me today that it's gluttonous to drink 7 beers in a night. When he puts it that way....I don't do it a lot....ok I'm in denial but we are dieting together now, he told me I don't need to quit drinking, just limit to 1. Which is a good idea. But I can't for the life of me think of what hed quit for dieting. He doesn't seem to have a binge item.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited December 2018
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 05 - 2 drinks. Can't lie, it was lovely. No regrets. Still within my calorie range today.
    Dec 06 -
    Dec 07 -
    Dec 08 -
    Dec 09 -
    Dec 10 -
    Dec 11 -
    Dec 12 -
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I've been looking for a group such as this one. I'm an everyday wine drinker and it has definitely wrecked havoc on my weight and overall appearance. I hate it! I was drinking, at times, two bottles per night and I still pretty much do on the weekends. But during the week, it's no more than a bottle but usually 1/2 or 3rd of the bottle which I know is still really bad! I really have to kick this awful habit. Drinking as I do has caused me to have high blood pressure and being prediabetic (although once I kicked other carbs my AC1 was better a couple of weeks ago). I don't crave alcohol (I don't think), it's more of the habit! I'll cook, get my child in bed and then start my evening. I would love to go days without drinking! I like the thought of AF days during the week. I think I should try that first. Any suggestions, support, motivation is most welcomed! Thanks

I had drinks every day since June. Work hard all day, it was a nice reward. My weight got out of control and I got back on MyFitnessPal on October 27th. Cutting down on alcohol cuts down calories, not to mention instead of having a reasonable amount of food alcohol has that thrown out the window. I don't think that I realized that I was having drinks every day. I was surprised when I started MFP that the first day I was actually craving alcohol! Also the second day. Like you, I didn't think that I craved it, it was just a really nice taste, and really nice effect.
    My goal that first week was to get through 2 days with no drinks. The next week was to be 3 days with no drinks, and then of course 4 days the following week. I did one week AF for 5 days. I will be happy if I keep it to 4 or 5 days per week AF.
    Wine is so soothing!! Not to mention tasty.
    I get a really bloated face and belly the next day whether I had one drink or three. Vanity and weight loss is pretty much all that motivates me not to have drinks every day. I love all sorts of drinks, but don't want to be fat anymore. This is a great challenge to keep me accountable and mindful. You too! 1 AF day per week to start and see how you feel and look the next day. Best of luck. See you here.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Hi old friends! It has been probably two months since I have checked with this group, and there is a story to that, but not a good one ...
    My goal this whole year was to drink less, which for me personally meant one night a week and less drinks on that night. My other goals were to eat better and work out several times a week. I did really well for over 10 months and stuck to that very well, even a bad week was maybe a second night of drinks. I lost 30 lbs over those ten months.
    Mid October I got in a very dark place in my head. That led me to stop caring about my health. Stopped going to the gym. Ate horrible food every night and, yes, drank a lot more. That went til right before last week. I gained back 7 of those lbs, but shocked it wasn’t worse.
    I can’t explain my mental condition. But I feel great now. Been back at my gym for a week, eating properly and off the booze for a bit too. Haven’t even had a beer during a football game for a few weeks.
    I’m extra glad this happened right now, cause we all know how people can use the holidays to give up on health for a month. I feel like now I’m getting a head start on the new year vibes.
    I know I won’t go completely alcohol free over December but my goal was never to quit for good. Holiday parties will happen and I will have some drinks at those events. But hoping I go back to my drinking habits of Jan-Oct. and planning to keep eating well and stay at the gym - btw the gym this time of year is great cause no one goes, you have the place practically to yourself!
    Sorry for the long post! Great to catch up on all of your progress!

Eric, I'm glad you're not beating yourself up about it! Everyone falters, that isn't a failure, glad you know that too.
    Good timing btw, I am rarely here and glad to see you.