30 Day Shred - December 2018

Options
fittnessing64
fittnessing64 Posts: 62 Member
Hey everyone!

Anyone want to finish up 2018 with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred?

Some background information on the Shred:

It's a circuit training workout plan from Jillian Michaels that's around 25 minutes long per workout. It's split into three different levels and you're recommended to do each level's workout for ten days. 3 x 10 = a thirty day workout plan!

As far as I know, it's a pretty popular workout here on MFP. You can find pages and pages of inspiration on these threads— https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/345347/i-want-everyones-30-day-shred-results-pics-please/p1 and https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/253907/the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread/p1 — as well as on Google.

I've personally tried it a few times with good results but I can never manage to do the full thirty days. I'm hoping the pressure of there only being (a little over) 30 days left of 2018 will help me stay on track this time. Feel free to join in! We can help motivate each other. :)

Replies

• slfrye03
    slfrye03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am down. I have her DVD. Just have to get my DVD player working. Can't find the remote. I can fix that situation though. I like her workouts.
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    slfrye03 wrote: »
    I am down. I have her DVD. Just have to get my DVD player working. Can't find the remote. I can fix that situation though. I like her workouts.

Welcome! Glad to have a workout buddy :smiley:
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day one done!!

Took my weight and measurements this morning, hoping to lose at least 4 pounds and 8 cm by 2019.

Starting weight:
    139 lbs
    Starting measurements:
    Chest- 96 cm
    Waist- 76.5 cm
    Hips- 94 cm
    Arms- 29.5 cm
    Thighs- 63 cm
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day two crushed!!

Woke up sick and it took a few hours to get out of bed, but I (eventually) did it (with a few modifications)! The power of the impending New Year, I guess lol. How's it going, @slfrye03?
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day three rocked!!

Finals week has started for me and these 25 minutes were a welcome stress relief! + Managed to do ten full push ups in a row today somehow, I've been doing knee ones so far and much fewer than ten :wink:
  • slfrye03
    slfrye03 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am not off to a great start. Sick mommy. Sick children=clingy children. Tomorrow though, its on!!
  • aerofaerie
    aerofaerie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay so mines only going to be a 26 day shred by the end of December, but I'll try it! I might die though 😂
  • aerofaerie
    Options
    First workout done! I really struggled through that last cardio circuit, and I may very well continue to do the level one past the ten days until I can complete it without modifications (like jogging in place instead of jumping jacks). So my goal is to hopefully get through level 2 by 2019 and lose 10 lbs.

Here are my starting measurements...much different than most folks that try this program would be my guess.

Weight: 325 lbs

Chest: 128 cm
    Waist: 129 cm
    Hips: 151 cm
    Biceps: 54 cm
    Thighs: 85 cm
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    slfrye03 wrote: »
    I am not off to a great start. Sick mommy. Sick children=clingy children. Tomorrow though, its on!!

Feel better soon! I'm excited you'll be joining in :smiley:
  • fittnessing64
    edited December 2018
    Options
    aerofaerie wrote: »
    First workout done! I really struggled through that last cardio circuit, and I may very well continue to do the level one past the ten days until I can complete it without modifications (like jogging in place instead of jumping jacks). So my goal is to hopefully get through level 2 by 2019 and lose 10 lbs.

Here are my starting measurements...much different than most folks that try this program would be my guess.

Weight: 325 lbs

Chest: 128 cm
    Waist: 129 cm
    Hips: 151 cm
    Biceps: 54 cm
    Thighs: 85 cm

Welcome and congrats on finishing day one!! The cardio always gets me too, especially the jumps lol.
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day four demolished!!

Started playing my own music while working out as I was getting bored with the video's audio. Madonna's a lot more energizing!
  • aerofaerie
    Options
    Another workout down!

I thought I would have a harder time today than yesterday since I was still pretty tight and sore, but I got through it better, and today I'm more used to the routine, so I think I got an overall better workout

I thought I would have a harder time today than yesterday since I was still pretty tight and sore, but I got through it better, and today I'm more used to the routine, so I think I got an overall better workout
    Day four demolished!!

Started playing my own music while working out as I was getting bored with the video's audio. Madonna's a lot more energizing!

Awesome! I might follow your idea and switch to my own workout music as well.
  • fittnessing64
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Day five done!!

aerofaerie wrote: »
    Another workout down!

Nice work!
  • dreinecke94
    dreinecke94 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started the 30DS on Sunday and have completed 4 days so far! I am hoping that this will push me over my plateau I’ve been stuck at for 3 weeks. I’ve lost 65(ish) lbs so far but still have a long ways to go. I struggled today as I got a late start and started my period. Below are my measurements.

SW 258.6
    Chest 50in
    Waist 47in
    Hips 51in
    Biceps 16.5in
    Thighs 29in

We can do this!
  • aerofaerie
    Options
    Hi all, I started the 30DS on Sunday and have completed 4 days so far! I am hoping that this will push me over my plateau I’ve been stuck at for 3 weeks. I’ve lost 65(ish) lbs so far but still have a long ways to go. I struggled today as I got a late start and started my period. Below are my measurements.

SW 258.6
    Chest 50in
    Waist 47in
    Hips 51in
    Biceps 16.5in
    Thighs 29in

We can do this!

Woo! You go girl!

Today I delayed myself for about an hour, my quads were KILLING me after day two. I finally just ripped that bandaid off hoping my legs would feel more loose after and they do, sort of. Lol. I definitely have to do another few minutes of stretching after the video, particularly in my legs
  • houseofjane
    houseofjane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started doing 30 day shred and am on day 4. Super excited to be active again on MFP.

I’m finally in a good mental space to get fit. Today was the first time I was able to fit the exercise in before starting the morning routine. I’m hoping to keep up with the early morning exercises.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day six done (already)!!

@dreinecke94 65 pounds is a great achievement! Awesome work!

@houseofjane Welcome! I also prefer to exercise in the mornings, it's hard to fit it in but it's a nice start to the day.

Great work everyone, keep at it! :smile:
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day seven down!

One week done, three more to go!
  • dreinecke94
    dreinecke94 Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Day 6 complete! I have a hard time building up a sweat on most workouts, but today I literally had a few drips of sweat running down my face. It’s a good feeling knowing I’m pushing myself the right way! Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, it’ll be interesting to see if this has moved the scale.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • fittnessing64
    Options
    Day eight for me!

Also weigh-in/measuring day:

Weight:
    137.7 lbs (-1.3)

Measurements:
    Chest- 92.5 cm (-3.5)
    Waist- 74 cm (-2.5)
    Hips- 95 cm (+1)
    Arms- 29 cm (-0.5)
    Thighs- 62.5 cm (-0.5)

I was scared I wouldn't have any progress for some reason, so I'm pretty happy with that! :lol: Keep crushing it, you guys!