Keto Lifestyle

Options
Hi ,

My name is Chimene, I started Keto on Monday 3rd so far so good as I lost 3.8kg however, I would like to get more friends to exchange ideas about recipes , ingredients, anything that can generate faster weightloss. Please do not hesitate to add me, the more the merrier!

Thanks

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You may want to look into the keto groups area. Some are public and others are private and they will respond to a request to join. If you are on day nine you should start feeling pretty good by now.
  • Blackenesechi
    Blackenesechi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely I am feeling good. Thank you for the group recommendation. I couldn’t find any may be because I am using my mobile phone.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely I am feeling good. Thank you for the group recommendation. I couldn’t find any may be because I am using my mobile phone.

Here's one of the groups.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    SVZee wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »
    So, not necessarily knocking keto here. I don't do keto myself so I don't have any specifically keto recipes to offer.
    But just wanted to say that there aren't really any specific foods or ingredients to speed up weight loss.
    Weight loss comes down to a calorie deficit, calories in less than calories out. That's the nice thing about losing weight, no food has to be off limits. I know keto is good for some because it can help them feel fuller and more satiated with their food choices. If it works for you and you have no medical reasons to limit fat, then stay with what's working. The way of eating that helps you stay full without feeling deprived will be different for everyone.
    Also, don't lose motivation if your rate of loss slows down in the next week or so. The initial impressive losses with keto are mostly water weight. So if that rate slows to more like what most people get (a pound a week or so depending on how much you have to lose), you aren't doing anything wrong.
    Good luck!

I started in July and have lost 24 pounds of water so far. So much it has deceased my waist and belly size. :D
    What the scale doesn't show is how great I feel.

If you started in July that works out to be right around a pound a week, which is the typical, recommended rate of loss for safe weight loss :)

That's just it, this WOE is like the non-diet diet. I eat as much as I feel like eating. I don't count calories or weigh anything and I feel full without the hunger sensation. Not implying keto/LCHF is magic or the only path to weight loss. It clearly works for me on many levels.

Beyond the first water weight loss I had rapid weight loss for a couple of months and then slowed or stalled. The loss is starting back up and I have been just monitoring it. I am only about nine pounds from what I think my ideal weight is so it is within the realm of possibility that I may slide into maintenance without making any changes