I feel so depressed.

Options

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You are being too hard on yourself. Be kind to yourself and your body. Strive to be a better and healthier version of yourself. That photo you posted of your ideal is not realistic. I don't know anyone who actually looks like that, and who knows what that woman actually looks underneath the dress.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Now take the same photo with proper posture, I bet you can be happier today!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Methinks you may be worrying about a non-problem. Yes, be kind to yourself and get to work. Make your body strong and healthy and be proud of what it can do and whatever shape your are will be perfect!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    BET YOU that girl looks nothing like that naked! She is obviously wearing shapewear etc. Don't let it get you down. You will make progress and you can't compare yourself to clothed posed women. I bet with the right amount of posing/undergarments you would look exactly the same!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    After I lost 95 pounds, I found that my body shape was kind of the same as before - only thinner.
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    After I lost 95 pounds, I found that my body shape was kind of the same as before - only thinner.

I think mine will change because it’s too much fat I have in my mid section. Like I don’t think it’ll look the same.
  • JanetReyna
    Options

Maybe you needed more weight lifting.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    BET YOU that girl looks nothing like that naked! She is obviously wearing shapewear etc. Don't let it get you down. You will make progress and you can't compare yourself to clothed posed women. I bet with the right amount of posing/undergarments you would look exactly the same!

Not just regular shapewear but also possibly waist training and padding, she looks like freaking Jessica Rabbit.

Do you have any other reasons you want to lose weight other than changing your shape? To avoid a familial health problem, or fit into smaller clothes? I just think you might get discouraged if you start losing weight and don't get the body shape results you're expecting. I am shaped very similarly to you and just straight losing weight doesn't change my shape much, but weight training definitely helps with "definition" so to speak.

Also, exercise in general is amazing for mental health. Getting a good exercise routine can help you appreciate what your body can do and is great for lifting mood. I say this as someone with clinical depression that is massively helped by exercise. Start with walking and bodyweight fitness videos on Youtube. Fitness Blender has some good low impact ones for someone starting to workout from absolutely no exercise.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    Honestly, I’m just gonna go with surgery LOL.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    Honestly, I’m just gonna go with surgery LOL.

If I were you, I'd do a year of weight loss and lifting and then evaluate. Surgery has risks (I don't know why people don't consider this), and you need to eat differently if you want to retain your new shape. You could wind up right back where you are now--that's depressing. There are a lot of successes on here, just read the success stories. Sometimes things aren't easy or quick. It's taken awhile to get where you are, it'll take awhile to get to your goal.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Many of the curvy, thick women with abs you see on the internet are a product of plastic surgery as well. You have no idea how your body will look when you lose weight. You are your only competition! Comparing yourself to other people will only ever leave you feeling not good enough. Be the best version of YOURSELF. Give yourself a break too... weight lose and body transformation is a slow and steady race.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    she definitely is wearing shapewear. i'd guess corset or waist trainer and push up bra.
    she is also in a pose that accentuates the curves and is at an angle that does as well
    possibly photoshop too

with hard work you can look like a better you, but you cannot look like her without "cheating"
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    she definitely is wearing shapewear. i'd guess corset or waist trainer and push up bra.
    she is also in a pose that accentuates the curves and is at an angle that does as well
    possibly photoshop too

with hard work you can look like a better you, but you cannot look like her without "cheating"

Do you think wearing a waist trainer can give me a smaller waist over time?
  • LoukeCage
    LoukeCage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way too. I'm not happy with my life. Because of my hyperextended arm. If there's some expert here, how do you train hyperextended arm? It's a long time problem of mine and to be honest I'm a quite ashamed of this because when I was younger the kids from school bullied me. So I try to hide it thus making an impact of my self confidence. I feel that I haven't shown my true self and full potential as a person because of my hyperextended arm. In case you ask how did I acquire my hyperextended arm, I fell when I was in grade school and was too afraid to let the doctor fix it so my arm became crooked and I can't n straight it up. Now, I'm planning to build some muscle but don't have a clue how to properly execute exercises without furtherly injuring it. I hope to get some advises or opinions from you guys. Thanks.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @JanetReyna, don’t use a waist trainer. It won’t give you the results you are looking for, and may cause harm. Organs could be crushed, muscles could be weakened.

A corset for a photo shoot, or a dressy evening out is a completely different thing.

@LoukeCage, you would be better starting your own thread to get feedback with your problem.

I would advise consulting with your doctor about your arm. You may be able to get a referral for a physical therapist.

Cheers, h.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your picture looks so much like mine at starting weight. It took me a year to get to where I am now. You will get to where you want. All you have to do is enjoy what is good in the moment of every stage. It took me a year to get to where I am now.
    Start with enjoying the good of each stage of weight loss. You have great curves now. Be kind to yourself through the entire process. Your profile picture is kick@*kitten*. Slow and steady will win the race.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    possibly photoshop too

Good grief don't go down that route, items such as these can cause internal damage and make you really ill.
    Get on a plan to start losing some of the weight, maybe incorporate some specific training or exercises and see how you are in 6 months time.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    possibly photoshop too

A corset (excuse me, waist trainer) will give you a smaller waist while you wear it. A consistent calorie deficit, along with exercise for improved body composition, will give you a smaller waist over time. You'd be better served spending money on a gym trainer than a waist trainer. They're are no shortcuts.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    LoukeCage wrote: »
    I feel the same way too. I'm not happy with my life. Because of my hyperextended arm. If there's some expert here, how do you train hyperextended arm? It's a long time problem of mine and to be honest I'm a quite ashamed of this because when I was younger the kids from school bullied me. So I try to hide it thus making an impact of my self confidence. I feel that I haven't shown my true self and full potential as a person because of my hyperextended arm. In case you ask how did I acquire my hyperextended arm, I fell when I was in grade school and was too afraid to let the doctor fix it so my arm became crooked and I can't n straight it up. Now, I'm planning to build some muscle but don't have a clue how to properly execute exercises without furtherly injuring it. I hope to get some advises or opinions from you guys. Thanks.

You should start your own thread--and talk to your doctor.
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    IMHO, it looks like the woman you aspire to look like used a waist trainer