I wish I knew..

Options

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew what was so off putting about me that you had to ghost me a second time.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew if anyone was talking about me in any of these vague threads.

Probably not...
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I wish i knew what happened to @kindalikevelma

She'll probably turn back up.
    Most people usually do, right?

That they do, Romaine. That they do. Not unlike a herpes. 😏

Wasn't there a CDC recall on Romaine?

Listen, people. Don't hold it against me, ok??

That reminds me of a cheesy pick up line.

"If I said you had a nice body would you hold it against me?"

I have to humbly say, I do have a nice sturdy body with firm ribs.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Probably not...

Same here, and I'm ok with that.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Probably not...

I may have muttered your name under my breath in one of mine but your name is like, I don’t really know how to say it

hflcnlm4lkoh.gif

• jjpptt2
    Options

Probably not...

I may have muttered your name under my breath in one of mine but your name is like, I don’t really know how to say it

hflcnlm4lkoh.gif

We can't all be "hank"..
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

Probably not...

hflcnlm4lkoh.gif

We can't all be "hank"..

I confess I say it like this.
    pfft-thumb.png
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I wish i knew what happened to @kindalikevelma
    My mom passed away unexpectedly, so I’ve stepped away from all online things for a bit.

Sooo sorry! <3<3<3<3<3
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    skctilidie wrote: »
    I wish I knew what caused my loving 2 year old pup to decide a couple months ago that he’d love to kill the cats, a couple of weeks ago that he can’t stand the sight of the other pup and should attack him with no provocation (even with me doing my best to keep them separated, he’s an escape artist and insanely agile - he leaped a tall gate Thursday and injured the other dog bad enough to need a trip to the vet for x-rays, antibiotics, and pain meds), and today, that wheeling around and biting the hell out of my arm since he couldn’t get to the other dog is an ok thing to do. He’s the sweetest, most eager to please dog when he’s not in that blind rage, but the rage seems to be getting worse and worse and more and more frequent and I’m now nursing not only the sore back and shoulder muscles from having to wrestle him away from the other dog twice last week, but also a massive bite wound on my wrist.

I’m heartbroken and in tears at the thought of potentially having to put him down, but none of the local rescues can take him any time soon (and I’m not sure re-homing him with this unpredictable aggression going on is something I could feel ok about doing anyway) and with the damage he managed to do to my wrist through a heavy sweatshirt, I definitely can’t chance him going after one of the kids. I don’t know what to do...I’m holding out hope that the bloodwork the vet did last week will come back today showing some treatable medical reason for the aggression and he can be turned back into my lovable pup, but it doesn’t seem very likely at this point. Ugh.

I'm so sorry to read this! I hope the vet is able to find a way to deal with it and that you heal up quickly! Maybe try to muzzle him in the meantime?
    Some rescues will take dogs that have social issues and only opt to rehome them to an environment with no children/cats/dogs. I'm not sure where you're located but I see a ton of posts on IG all over the country that have adoptable dogs with medical/social problems, sometimes the rescues will even go to other states to get a dog that's at risk of being put down. One I see a lot is called NYC Bully Rescue. I would suggest contacting them, they may be able to help. ❤❤

Thanks, @kace_kay - I have tried a couple different styles of muzzles over the last few days, but he’s an escape artist who has managed to pull them all off no matter how snug and secure they seem and, as of today, has started growling at me any time he sees one.
    We do have a couple of rescues of that sort locally, but they both have a minimum 3-4 week wait for new intakes. I don’t know that I can manage to keep everyone else safe from him for that long, especially since he outsmarts latches and doorknobs and/or scales or leaps over barriers in no time. I’ll do some digging and calling and see if I can find one farther away that would be willing to work with him - I hadn’t thought of looking outside my immediate area.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew what caused my loving 2 year old pup to decide a couple months ago that he’d love to kill the cats, a couple of weeks ago that he can’t stand the sight of the other pup and should attack him with no provocation (even with me doing my best to keep them separated, he’s an escape artist and insanely agile - he leaped a tall gate Thursday and injured the other dog bad enough to need a trip to the vet for x-rays, antibiotics, and pain meds), and today, that wheeling around and biting the hell out of my arm since he couldn’t get to the other dog is an ok thing to do. He’s the sweetest, most eager to please dog when he’s not in that blind rage, but the rage seems to be getting worse and worse and more and more frequent and I’m now nursing not only the sore back and shoulder muscles from having to wrestle him away from the other dog twice last week, but also a massive bite wound on my wrist.

I’m heartbroken and in tears at the thought of potentially having to put him down, but none of the local rescues can take him any time soon (and I’m not sure re-homing him with this unpredictable aggression going on is something I could feel ok about doing anyway) and with the damage he managed to do to my wrist through a heavy sweatshirt, I definitely can’t chance him going after one of the kids. I don’t know what to do...I’m holding out hope that the bloodwork the vet did last week will come back today showing some treatable medical reason for the aggression and he can be turned back into my lovable pup, but it doesn’t seem very likely at this point. Ugh.

I'm so sorry to read this! I hope the vet is able to find a way to deal with it and that you heal up quickly! Maybe try to muzzle him in the meantime?
    Some rescues will take dogs that have social issues and only opt to rehome them to an environment with no children/cats/dogs. I'm not sure where you're located but I see a ton of posts on IG all over the country that have adoptable dogs with medical/social problems, sometimes the rescues will even go to other states to get a dog that's at risk of being put down. One I see a lot is called NYC Bully Rescue. I would suggest contacting them, they may be able to help. ❤❤

Thanks, @kace_kay - I have tried a couple different styles of muzzles over the last few days, but he’s an escape artist who has managed to pull them all off no matter how snug and secure they seem and, as of today, has started growling at me any time he sees one.
    We do have a couple of rescues of that sort locally, but they both have a minimum 3-4 week wait for new intakes. I don’t know that I can manage to keep everyone else safe from him for that long, especially since he outsmarts latches and doorknobs and/or scales or leaps over barriers in no time. I’ll do some digging and calling and see if I can find one farther away that would be willing to work with him - I hadn’t thought of looking outside my immediate area.

Oh no! I've seen some muzzle escape artists so I can imagine what you mean. It's so awful, sounds like you've already exhausted so many options. It's so hard to understand why this happens to some dogs. Not that I wish him to be sick but I hope they find something that they're able to medically treat so you get your lovebug back. Sending prayers 🙏

Thanks. Just talked to the vet’s office and not all of his results are back, so I’m still waiting to see if we have an answer. It does feel weird to hope that your dog is sick, but I really do hope they find something and this can be treated and fixed.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    I wish I know what is going on with my momma's health. She's been experiencing some weird symptoms (bilateral arm weakness, pain, and tremors) and I'm really worried about her. She also always downplays everything so I'm concerned she's not telling me the full truth.

just keep on doing your best at letting her know you're there for her and always ready to listen. that's all you can do sometimes
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Are you a girl or a guy? Is your name really Hank? Is it short for Hankrietta?

Where’d you disappear to anyway?
  • jjpptt2
    Options
    Where the perfect post was to reply with, "you put the Hank in thank you."
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Where the perfect post was to reply with, "you put the Hank in shank."

fx30hwcdaqix.gif
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »
    I wish I knew what kind of drugs the Hallmark people are on to portray happy Christmas the way they do in every movie.

They shoot films in 3 weeks. Reuse actors fairly frequently. Have a $2-2.5 M budget, with at least 30 new movies every year. You would smile too, if you were collecting their pay cheques @⬆$50K- 150K per movie for a few weeks of work, plus residual passive income from the same films.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I often wonder if people that post vague postings are really not wanting to share, or only hope someone will notice and ask specific questions.
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Are you a girl or a guy? Is your name really Hank? Is it short for Hankrietta?

Where’d you disappear to anyway?

I’ve been traveling to visit my family so forum time has been low. Miss me?