Uh oh- it’s starting!

Options

Replies

• Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Anytime you're tempted, imagine yourself at your most overweight, or pull out a line drawing or photograph and look at it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Yup. Every day a few new things show up. Friday was the tower of treats, that no *kitten*, was 5 feet tall. Most of it was crap, but I’m a huge sucker for peanut brittle and moose munch.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound too bad to me...I don't love shortbread and I think there is *way* better chocolate than Godiva. :p

If it's something I really want, and I can't get it any old time I want it, then I usually just eat it and make room for it in my calories. I'd make that kind of accommodation for a homemade cookie if they looked really good. Otherwise, I tell myself that I can eat it some other time and I don't have to have it just because it's there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,188 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Yup. Every day a few new things show up. Friday was the tower of treats, that no *kitten*, was 5 feet tall. Most of it was crap, but I’m a huge sucker for peanut brittle and moose munch.

I have some of the best (homemade) peanut brittle that I've had in years, right now in my kitchen (got it from my SIL at Thanksgiving, who got it from a friend). Good thing peanut brittle isn't my favorite, as it'd be totally gone by now.

But now that I'm thinking about the stuff . . . . ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    One advantage of working from home is that I don’t have to deal with this!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I also love sweets. I log all of them. I eat a little of the best and enjoy every bite. I don't eat too many.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I refuse to eat junk. It actually makes me feel sick so no great loss...lol
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I find it helps me to be picky. A lot of the food gifts we get at work is pretty much crap. My favorites are the Harry & David chocolate covered cherries, but they are not like the cheap kind, these are special and I only have them this time of the year, if I can get to them before someone else.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    I find it helps me to be picky. A lot of the food gifts we get at work is pretty much crap. My favorites are the Harry & David chocolate covered cherries, but they are not like the cheap kind, these are special and I only have them this time of the year, if I can get to them before someone else.

I find this helps me, too. In my case, it's dark chocolate salted caramels from a local specialty shop. I had some from Trader Joe's recently and I realized that, no, they weren't worth it. I deserve the good stuff and I am willing to wait for it and savor it.

I also realized that sometimes people bring stuff around because they are trying to get it out of their homes. I almost had to karate chop someone at a meeting recently when she tried to foist some of her leftover cookies on us. She was quite open about it, and now I just imagine everyone is doing the same thing!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The boxes of chocolates haven't been opened yet in our office, when they do I will be tempted of course but I will restrict myself to no more than two per day. Willpower is something I have in abundance thank goodness (as I said to my boss the other day when he asked how I keep so slim: 'practice, practice, practice - at saying no!' :smiley: )
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh shortbread...such a weakness for me. I can easily walk by a platter of chocolates but not the shortbread! I've just given up on finding a low-cal shortbread recipe. I occasionally indulge, log it, and move on.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I work from home so I'm safe from this, but my two lovely neighbours will drop by with something sooner or later. One bakes and she gives everyone a variety of all kinds of cookies (and last year, a cinnamon bread thing) and the other gives us these date treats they import. I should get some British stuff sent over and gift them this year.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Two plates of homemade Christmas cookies, a box of assorted Godiva chocolates, homemade English toffee (4 pounds!) and delicious store bought English toffee have been added to the collection. This year I’ll just fit it into my calories. Really. I will! The sad thing is we only have 7 employees at work!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    There have been some treats in the office so far but I haven't eaten any. Nothing that looks that great really. The only thing I've taken is an orange from one of our Floridian customers lol.
    I've been bringing my own chocolate from home because it's better than what's been showing up in the breakroom
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    We always have loads of cakes and biscuits at work. I actually find it easier at this time of year as there's loads of mince pies and I can't stand them.