800 plus day consecutive streak logging in to MFP and 207 lbs lost!

Options
1235»

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!! I'm glad this was bumped up for more of us to see!
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow what a change! Great work!

I'm 50, and a few months into my weight loss - and coming off diabetes med's myself. I've just started weight training, and would like to look like you - any tips in starting a weight training regimen? I've "discovered" my "chest" was really just fat ... and now, I don't have one. So, I want to concentrate on building my chest - and i"m doing circuit training of machines - so doing all over "core". Chest, I think I'm going to do free weights bench press - flat, incline, decline, and flys with dumbells.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    MFP Rockstar! B)
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow what a change! Great work!

I'm 50, and a few months into my weight loss - and coming off diabetes med's myself. I've just started weight training, and would like to look like you - any tips in starting a weight training regimen? I've "discovered" my "chest" was really just fat ... and now, I don't have one. So, I want to concentrate on building my chest - and i"m doing circuit training of machines - so doing all over "core". Chest, I think I'm going to do free weights bench press - flat, incline, decline, and flys with dumbells.

Try to get away from machines if possible. Start using free weights with strict and proper form. Machines are better than nothing at all, however because of the fixed range of motion there is a higher probability of injury. Using free weights involve so many more stabilizing muscles and core as well. At our age it's important to stretch the muscles you will be working out prior to exercising to avoid injury. Also, I now only work a body part every 4 days or so because recovery is much longer at our age. When younger, I could train muscle groups every other day. I do chest/triceps day 1, back/biceps day 2/ shoulders day 3/ and legs /day 4. Abs and core can and should be worked on daily. After the 4 days, I take 1 day off usually doing some cardio or swimming.
    If you would like to friend me send a request. We have a great group of supportive peoole
    Chris
  • staffordshire62
    Options
    Damn you look good!

Your family must feel like they have won the lottery knowing how much healthier you are.

Yes, that's a nice bonus to the weight loss as well.
    Thanks Chris
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Such a truly amazing and inspiring story. Congratulations Sir, on your incredible determination, hard work and success! Hard earned and well deserved. :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
  • RedPioneer
    RedPioneer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really needed to read this today. I have been running hot and cold with tracking and staying motivated. Must keep moving forward.
    Thank you for sharing!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting your message on MFP. I was on MFP for a year and then slipped. Since then, I've retired and lead a much more sedentary life. I've gained about 20 lbs in the past 3 years and am a newly diagnosed diabetic. My AIC was 8.4 this week and having some cardiac and circulatory problems. I've chosen to get back on MFP and work toward getting healthier as well as losing some weight. Was wondering how you've managed to balance your diet with your obviously active lifestyle and still got your Blood sugars under control. I'm impressed and envious. I've had a couple of low sugars this week with the introduction of Metformin to my medication regime and really don't like the shakes and sweats that it caused. Any suggestions or info would be helpful. Thanks.
  • staffordshire62
    Options
    I gave up most refined sugar about 4 years back and keep my carbs down. This is a challenge, but the benefits far outweigh any discomfort. Also, for the past 6 months I eat a Ketogenic diet and my body does well with less than 40 grams of carbs a day. Sounds crazy, but the health benefits are real.. Look up Dr Berg on youtube and look at some of his 3500 videos. Great stuff!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    You’re the man, AWESOME!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!