800 plus day consecutive streak logging in to MFP and 207 lbs lost!

staffordshire62
staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
edited January 2017 in Success Stories
4l9v4y8dc26h.jpg
8h73ub4m3s8i.jpg
bsd46n99heah.jpg
1jnx1gnvszj0.jpg
5ngcpdk2gar3.jpg
Hello to all MFP users!
I'm a 54 year old man who has had some tremendous health problems from years of abuse due to poor diet and an overall destructive lifestyle which included terrible nutrition and a sedentary lifestyle. Two and a half years ago , I was on 9 different medications with multiple health issues including depression and type 2 diabetes and I weighed 402 POUNDS at 5 foot 7. Within the past two and a half years I have managed to turn my life around and now, I am in better shape than I was in my 20s weighing in at 196 lbs.
Currently, I am on no medications and was able to successfully reversed my type 2 diabetes which I was on the threshold of at my last doctor's appointment weighing 402 pounds.
Currently my resting pulse rate is 52, A1C is 5.1, and cholesterol and blood pressure readings are perfect! Through a combination of good quality clean eating , and a wide variety of cardio exercise as well as weight training , I have found the key to a better lifestyle with no gimmicks, diets, or pay programs etc. I truly believe that the use of the My Fitness Pal app is the single most important tool in my arsenal because of all the quality information available, and I like the "accountability" which I derive from it. What I have achieved is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but adapting to this type of Lifestyle is extremely rewarding, satisfying, and pays off better than anything a person could do for themselves especially at the age of over 50. I am a firm believer that an active healthy lifestyle combining consistency with exercise, and healthy food choices with the addition of food logging through MFP is a recipe for success. For long term results, these habits need to turn into a way of life.. Never say DIET.. It needs to be a healthy way of life with knowledge being the key to healthy choices. The first 2 fat pictures showed me at only around 335 lbs and I maxed out later at 402. One final thought... don't make too many lofty or aggressive goals at first because you might just set yourself up for failure so take it slow and gradually ease into your new lifestyle. For instance, I used to get out of breath just going to the refrigerator so I started walking around the block slowly. Each week I tried to go a little further until I was able to walk a mile or two and then I gradually started to jog a little bit. So the lesson learned here is to take it slow and have a plan but don't try to do too much at one time or you'll set yourself up for frustration and possible failure. I hope my success will help to motivate some other people who are in the same situation I was more than two-and-a-half years ago. Remember, the human body is amazing and it is possible even at the ripe old age of 54 to turn things around and allow yourself to heal naturally by just taking care of your health, gaining knowledge and making the right choices. I always remember one thing a friend of mine who used to be very heavy told me and I quote "nothing tastes as good as being thin and healthy feels"
Happy New Year to everyone and let's make 2017 the best and fit year of Our Lives. If anyone would like to contact me for specifics on what I have done or just need a little bit of inspiration , I would be more than happy to share some of my success tactics and secrets which aren't really secrets at all.
Chris

Replies

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Incredible! That's one of many words to describe your dedication and commitment to a healthier you! Good job and keep on keepin' on with your healthy way of life!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Just...wow...well done!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Wow! That's some great (hard) work staying persistent. Nicely done!
  • christareid28
    christareid28 Posts: 47 Member
    So inspirational
  • cheryls1mx3
    cheryls1mx3 Posts: 97 Member
    Wow amazing. I put on 54lbs after I had my son and habe had a success story before I got pregnant for the firdt time and everything you say I agree with. Especially not calling it a diet. What type of goals did you set yourself? Also how often did you go on the scales. I hope you dont mind but I added you on MFP
  • hebapty2017
    hebapty2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks for your inspirational story. After my pregnancy i gained 20 kg and i am struggling a lot to go back to my previous weight, not only because of beauty but also cuz of health. Thanks God i have lost already 11 kg and now just started with my fitness pal to lose the other remaining ones and try to lose more if it is possible. Your story fulls me of hope and happyness.
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Your story is highly motivating! You are a hero, you already saved your precious self and inspired many others with your achievements - fantastic job!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Awesome! You look fantastic.....very well done! :)
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    So inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing :)
  • cheryls1mx3
    Thanks for your inspirational story. After my pregnancy i gained 20 kg and i am struggling a lot to go back to my previous weight, not only because of beauty but also cuz of health. Thanks God i have lost already 11 kg and now just started with my fitness pal to lose the other remaining ones and try to lose more if it is possible. Your story fulls me of hope and happyness.

I feel your pain I put on 52lbs after baby and thats me back on the healthy lifestyle
  • bmarie0408
    bmarie0408 Posts: 15 Member
    You're an inspiration! Amazing!
  • cheryls1mx3
    Wow amazing. I put on 54lbs after I had my son and habe had a success story before I got pregnant for the firdt time and everything you say I agree with. Especially not calling it a diet. What type of goals did you set yourself? Also how often did you go on the scales. I hope you dont mind but I added you on MFP

My initial goals were to lose weight and stop feeling sick and tired. After slow and steady weight loss, I started adjusting my goals towards fitness and heart health. I wanted to enter a 10k run which I did, and in. 2 months I am running my first half marathon. I started swimming about a year ago and have kept it up 2-3 times per week. As far as getting on the scale, I do it each Monday AM at the same time each week.

Thanks for the reply im focusing on 2lbs a week so by 20th July ill be back to what I was before I had Theodore. I go to college and study fotness health & nutrition so its half the battle. I started last week a goal of 2 x 1HR gym sessions a week. Do you think my goals are elaborate or do you think I should be mpre specific. Im going to get the weight off then set fitness goals
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Fine work! Have a blast at your half marathon!
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Wooooooooo hooooooooooo well done you. You look great. What a story :)
  • djr63
    djr63 Posts: 3 Member
    A true inspiration! Congratulations!
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Awesome! Thank you for posting your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!