800 plus day consecutive streak logging in to MFP and 207 lbs lost!

Options

Replies

• Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! :)
    I'm in that same place, and for some reason "this time is different"..has actually stuck! I'm a type two diabetic, that still have a chance to get off of all of this medication, and I intend on making that happen!! :)

Thank you for sharing your story!
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!
    I love reading these it helps keep me focused.
    Thank you!
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite
  • laura2137
    laura2137 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulation. Secondly you are an inspiration, thirdly I totally agree with all you said above. It's not a diet it's a lifestyle choice for 99.98 % of the time.......every once in a while or festivities a bit of indulgence won't break good habits.......
    Well done looking good
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and what an inspiration to us bigger, older guys on the journey. My recurring issue is "sticking to it" I always start out well, lose a lot of weight (20/30/50lbs) then fall off the wagon and have to start again from a bigger number. That is exactly where I am again now. I will keep trying and I will read back to this thread daily.
  • doctrk
    doctrk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! May I add you?
    I need help.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. Keep up the good work.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story! I had never read it. You are an inspiration, especially to the little liar in my head that wants to get me to believe age is an excuse!!
  • staffordshire62
    staffordshire62 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story! I had never read it. You are an inspiration, especially to the little liar in my head that wants to get me to believe age is an excuse!!

Age is truly not an excuse. I am certainly living proof of it. Keep at it and you will achieve your goals. Consistency is the key.
  • staffordshire62
    Options
    doctrk wrote: »
    Look at you!! May I add you?
    I need help.

Yes you can
  • staffordshire62
    Options
    Wow, this is one of the most amazing success stories I've seen. You lost a ton of weight AND put on some serious muscle AND did it all while in your 50's. That is like a trifecta of awesomeness.

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh, la. Wonderful!!
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspirational, thanks for sharing! What would you say to your old self several years ago before you started this journey given what you know now?
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing and will inspire so many. Congratulations on a job well done, and thank you for sharing!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    awesome work guy!
  • winterblue3
    winterblue3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I had given up right before the end of the year, but I am back at it now. Your drive and persistence is inspiring. Thank you again and congratulations!!!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    amazing work! inspiring to say the least!
  • staffordshire62
    Options
    bkbirge wrote: »
    Fantastic and inspirational, thanks for sharing! What would you say to your old self several years ago before you started this journey given what you know now?
    Wish I would have gotten this lifestyle ingrained into my thick skull 20 years ago. I guess as we get older, we get wiser... Or frightened.. Or begin to realize the important things in life.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    epic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!