Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Made a really good start on the paperwork - it was so satisfying to rip up the bits I don't need
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    I totally agree. get rid of the "stuff." I decluttered my friend list too.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    I totally agree. get rid of the "stuff." I decluttered my friend list too.

YAY you and thanks so much for contributing to this thread. BTW, your avatar pic, that puppy brings such joy, delight and smiles to me. What an adorable darling this 4 legged baby is!!!!!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Weight/fat Blasted to Smithereens front:

Down .8lbs ( I'll take it and with JOY too) in the past 12 days

nlxm0ha73t6o.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race and I'mma heading towards the 140's baby, slowly but showly...OH YEAH and BOOM!!!!

P.S. Let's take y/our time and do this right and rightly, NO HURRY, period.

You continue to inspire! You are right, slow and steady wins! I'm so tempted to call you turtle (turtles are cool!) I'm encouraged by your slow victory. Thank you for sharing!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Weight/fat Blasted to Smithereens front:

Down .8lbs ( I'll take it and with JOY too) in the past 12 days

nlxm0ha73t6o.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race and I'mma heading towards the 140's baby, slowly but showly...OH YEAH and BOOM!!!!

P.S. Let's take y/our time and do this right and rightly, NO HURRY, period.

You continue to inspire! You are right, slow and steady wins! I'm so tempted to call you turtle (turtles are cool!) I'm encouraged by your slow victory. Thank you for sharing!

{{{{{{ <3 Enthusiastically Waving *Hi* <3 }}}}}}}}}}} So HAPPY to hear from you doll-baby! "Turtle" hahahhaaahaha...that's cute (gonna have to find some turtle slippers now :p ). "slow victory"?!? I LOVE THAT!
    It took us all some time to get into the shape, mind-set and "way" that we are, and wisdom dictates to me that I should be all about the "patience" of not only reaching my goals in weight blastification, but in every area of my life. When I DARE look back on my life, I see how I made so MANY life altering mistakes/sins/YUCK by being in a "hurry" and/or not taking my time to think things fully thru. Seriously, the greater majority of all of my "regrets" in life, I can find "hurry/impluse/fear/going along to get along" in that foul mix. NO MORE, if something requires my QUICK/NOW choices/decision...the answer is NO, and Hmmmph added to it.

Love me some you Snoo!!!! Thanks so much for your reply!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I love how every time I check back in your @NewLIFEstyle4ME is still dropping the weight and encouraging others! Congrats on the continued success and THANK YOU!!!! for ALWAYS being such a cheerleader!

What an absolute darling and sweetieheart you are. Thanks so much of thinking of me <3o:)<3

So far, the scale has not moved down (but I've noticed a pattern in me, that about every 10-12 days or so), the scale moves down, this is day 10 since my last drop kicking to the place where the sun doesn't shine off the scale, BUT...I've lost .5 inches off both thighs since last measuring, so that's a big ole 1 inch total down off and outta my thighs and that's thrilling!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Working full time during the Christmas season means I cook everything I have to on the weekend. Its been a cold, wet weekend, so oven items and soups are on the menu this week. (Hubby made soup). Not a lot of time for decluttering, but I'm getting dinners in the freezer for later dates.

How fun, exciting and potentially a lot of extra N.E.A.T. exercising opportunities(going back to) working full time must be--and even if your working full time is sitting/sedentary, it's just so, ummmm....engaging and possibly harder and making you think and behave a bit differently than not working (ya know, purposely exercising more patience, learning new stuff and maybe even getting more and more opportunities to find better ways to fight stress and mess in dealing with difficult situations facing you 6-8 hours a day and meeting new people..congrats to you and I so admire you Snoo--YAY YOU! I am CRAVING soups of late--so comforting soups are--I LOVE soups this time of year more than any other season.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,354 Member
    It's easier for me to let go of things if my mind thinks it's going to a good cause or going to be used somehow. I wanted to donate my old wedding gown and baby baptism clothes that remakes them for children that die in the hospitals. BUT, they're not accepting and weren't last time I checked either.

Anyone with ideas?
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    Try this website and good luck!

5 Meaningful Places to Donate Your Wedding Dress

https://www.babble.com/relationships/5-meaningful-places-to-donate-your-wedding-dress/
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    What an inspirational thread!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!