New to calorie counting and looking for friends

Options
This is all new to me. I always did Atkins before but now want to try calorie counting. I could use some supportive friends. I am over 60 but very active....love to mountain bike daily and run an internet business from home.

Replies

• nani726
    nani726 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! you'll love it :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll find a ton of support on this site from people in all different places on this journey - from starting out to maintenance.

Good Luck to you!!
  • clarehodgson14
    Options
    Hello and welcome, feel free to add me to your friends.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Counting calories lets you understand how much you can eat. I suggest eating 5 or 6 meals a day.

Look at your changes in months not days. Expand your timeframe perspective.
  • AZBob1956
    AZBob1956 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I find when I write everything down (or track with this app, I lose weight because I am forced to look at the volume of food as I eat it.I use this in conjunction with Restaurant Nutrition app and so far have been very successful.
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • DCBourgeois
    Options
    This is a simple but effective way to trackm your food, Be HONEST with what you add daily and you will gain controll of your eating in a matter of days. DO NOT CHEAT and you will be surprised the canges you will see in a very short time period. Add me if you like and we can HELP each other
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can great support and motivation at this site. Feel free to add me if you like.