Query regarding calories

Options
Hello,
I am 5ft5in, 25 yrs old guy weighing 75 kgs and I have been taking 1200 calories since last 50 days when I was 82 kgs. I am taking 35 gram of fat, 100 gram of carb and around 80-120 gram of protein daily. And I dont do any physical activity like gym or sport but only I walk for 40 mins daily going to college and coming back.

I think I need to increase my calorie intake because in the night when I go to sleep I feel hungry but I am afraid because whenever I eat more my weight shoots up.

Just want to know should I keep this going or change something in my diet??
Like I want to increase my carbs because most of the things contain carb, can I increase my carbs to 150 gram and reduce my protein to 60-80 gram to maintain the fat loss??

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How many calories does MFP calculate for your goals?
  • adilrafi93
    adilrafi93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

1500 calories
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    adilrafi93 wrote: »

1500 calories

What did you enter into the system as your goal weight loss per week to get that number? Are you trying to maintain now or are you still trying to lose?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    you are greatly under eating. eat what MFP says to eat (1500) and eat back your exercise calories.

Do you say your lost 12kg (26lbs) in 50 days (that is...under 2 months? like 7 weeks? that is like 3lbs a week?? over over 1kg a week?)? You ABSOLUTELY need to eat more.

Here is a thread you should read: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OK. Are you logging in your 40 minutes of walking exercise? That will give you some additional calories to eat. You should be eating them. You've earned them. You can eat them and you will still lose weight, that's how MFP works. So go ahead and have a piece of toast with some mashed avocado on there, or a banana, or some cereal and blueberries. Maybe a couple scrambled eggs. Whatever makes your tummy happy. And slow down your rate of weight loss. What's the rush?
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

1500 calories

What did you enter into the system as your goal weight loss per week to get that number? Are you trying to maintain now or are you still trying to lose?

I want to reach atleast 65 kgs and chose the maximum weight loss per week but the with me is time. I dont have too much time maximum 2 months then I will move to other place and there I know I cannot do any dieting. So before that time come I want to loose maximum with maximum effort.
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    OK. Are you logging in your 40 minutes of walking exercise? That will give you some additional calories to eat. You should be eating them. You've earned them. You can eat them and you will still lose weight, that's how MFP works. So go ahead and have a piece of toast with some mashed avocado on there, or a banana, or some cereal and blueberries. Maybe a couple scrambled eggs. Whatever makes your tummy happy. And slow down your rate of weight loss. What's the rush?

Yes 40 mins of walking give me around 100 calories and I eat them I dont leave them otherwise I will starve to death.
    I am in rush because I want to reach atleast 65 kgs as soon as possible and for that I chose the maximum weight loss per week but the problem with me is time. I dont have too much time maximum 2 months then I will move to other place and there I know I cannot do any dieting. So before that particular time comes I want to loose maximum with maximum effort.
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    you are greatly under eating. eat what MFP says to eat (1500) and eat back your exercise calories.

Do you say your lost 12kg (26lbs) in 50 days (that is...under 2 months? like 7 weeks? that is like 3lbs a week?? over over 1kg a week?)? You ABSOLUTELY need to eat more.

Here is a thread you should read: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

No I lost 7 kgs in 50 days.
    I followed MFP 2 yrs ago I didnt lost weight after 1 month thats why I set 1200 calories in MFP by myself and now the result is good for me but I know maybe its not healthy.
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am 5ft5in, 25 yrs old guy weighing 75 kgs and I have been taking 1200 calories since last 50 days when I was 82 kgs. I am taking 35 gram of fat, 100 gram of carb and around 80-120 gram of protein daily. And I dont do any physical activity like gym or sport but only I walk for 40 mins daily going to college and coming back.

I think I need to increase my calorie intake because in the night when I go to sleep I feel hungry but I am afraid because whenever I eat more my weight shoots up.

Just want to know should I keep this going or change something in my diet??
    Like I want to increase my carbs because most of the things contain carb, can I increase my carbs to 150 gram and reduce my protein to 60-80 gram to maintain the fat loss??

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I'm your height, female, 60kg (started at 83kg), 63 years old, and 1200 calories was too little for even me. You are undereating.

If you've been eating 1200 calories, eating more will cause a temporary increase in your scale weight for two reasons: (1) you'll probably need to eat a bit more sodium and carbs in order to eat more calories, and your body needs to hold onto some water weight temporarily in order to digest/use those; and (2) if you eat a bit more food, that food weighs more in your digestive system than the smaller amount did previously.

Neither of those things - water weight or digestive contents in transit - are fat, so there's no reason to worry about them. Eat more, at least 1500 calories. Do that for at least 2-4 weeks. Your scale weight may jump around at first, but it'll start heading downward again.

Think of me as your MFP granny: I just want you to stay strong and healthy while you lose weight, OK?

Yeah I know and thankyou very much you are so nice but let me tell you why I took this step as final step.
    5 years ago I weigh 97 kgs and I tried gym 6 times in 3 years and unfortunately I lost only 2 kgs after doing that much and I quit the gym after that and I though i am not going to be slim or normal.

After that I read something on internet about dieting and I started dieting and by that dieting only with no exercise I lost 12 kgs in straight 90 days. And after that I never lost any single kg no matter how hard I tried. I made my rountine like I started playing soccer every morning for 2-3 hours though i did not run very much like a footballer but I run a lot and then in the evening I was doing gym for 1 hour with 25 mins cardio and 35 weight training. I did this thing for 3 months and I lost only 3 kgs and when I left playing soccer and gym I quickly again gained those 3 kgs, so apparently all I did was for nothing and I got pissed off.

Now finally after trying so many things this is going to be my ultimate try and I am happy I lost 7 kgs in this short period and now I dont believe on gym but for me good diet is everything if anyone wants to loose weight.
  • susan23629
    susan23629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Why can’t you diet when you move?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well, there's probably nobody in the MFP community that can support your going under the MFP recommended minimum calorie daily intake. I understand you need to rationalize a program you say you made up for yourself (instead of following MFP guidelines) that you recognize is unhealthy and unsustainable. Really, I don't know why you're asking people for advice when most people are going to tell you what you already know.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Yes 40 mins of walking give me around 100 calories and I eat them I dont leave them otherwise I will starve to death.
    I am in rush because I want to reach atleast 65 kgs as soon as possible and for that I chose the maximum weight loss per week but the problem with me is time. I dont have too much time maximum 2 months then I will move to other place and there I know I cannot do any dieting. So before that particular time comes I want to loose maximum with maximum effort.

What happens when you move? Why can't you eat fewer calories than maintenance when you get there?
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    susan23629 wrote: »
    Why can’t you diet when you move?[/quo
    Well, there's probably nobody in the MFP community that can support your going under the MFP recommended minimum calorie daily intake. I understand you need to rationalize a program you say you made up for yourself (instead of following MFP guidelines) that you recognize is unhealthy and unsustainable. Really, I don't know why you're asking people for advice when most people are going to tell you what you already know.

I think you are right and I am sorry for that.
  • adilrafi93
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?

Yes