Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Name a movie everyone else seems to love, but that you can't stand

Replies

• Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Dead Pool
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    crazy rich asians
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Star Wars ( ducks and runs for cover )
    Blasphemy
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    lizziequek wrote: »
    crazy rich asians

I came here to post this one. I did not see the big deal about that movie whatsoever and I was really looking forward to its release. So many of my friends were posting about it being their new favorite, such a great movie, etc. I watched it twice because I felt like I must be missing whatever made it stand out from every other romantic comedy. Nope.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Star Wars ( ducks and runs for cover )

I take back all the nice things I’ve said about you 😆
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Ghost

Anything involving Superheroes, Starwars, Harry Potter, I guess I don't like anything labelled "block buster".
  • seltzermint555
    Ghost

Anything involving Superheroes, Starwars, Harry Potter, I guess I don't like anything labelled "block buster".

I feel the same. I can tolerate some of those more than others, but would be 100% fine with never watching anything like that again. I know everyone's got their own taste and interests but I really don't understand some of my friends who are my age and share most of my other interests but are standing in line at every X-Men, Avengers, Harry Potter, etc. I just don't get the appeal.
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Dead pool
  • seltzermint555
    lizziequek wrote: »
    crazy rich asians

I came here to post this one. I did not see the big deal about that movie whatsoever and I was really looking forward to its release. So many of my friends were posting about it being their new favorite, such a great movie, etc. I watched it twice because I felt like I must be missing whatever made it stand out from every other romantic comedy. Nope.

I havnt seen it yet, but planning to. I dont expect it to be a favorite or anything but at least enjoyable. For me being a minority im just glad that there is a movie thats focused on my culture. I def dont see it as “ just another romantic comedy”. Just like how black panther was not” just another marvel movie”. Its the first marvel movie that focused on african americans.

It deplicts the asian heirarchy pretty accurately. I know some kids that are 17 driving $600k lambroghini’s around the university

I understand, it's cool that it is somewhat accurate and I love that it features so many Asian actors. But plotwise I felt it was pretty lacking.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Both the movie and tv show- South Park
  • Superhero movies, seen one seem them all!
  • honeybee__12
    The Notebook
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Musical movies
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Gone With the Wind
  • DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    Beaches
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Also, A Christmas Story
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    The newer Mad Max movie... Dumb to the point where I didn't even care about the well shot action. I just wanted it to end.
  • honeybee__12
    Titanic, ugh :(
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Anything 50 Shades or Twilight