Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    @LadySaton - Do you take measurements? I always think I’m not losing weight in my stomach but this time around I decided to take measurements on the first of every month and I’m always losing more there than I think I am.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    @LadySaton - Do you take measurements? I always think I’m not losing weight in my stomach but this time around I decided to take measurements on the first of every month and I’m always losing more there than I think I am.
    I had actually never recorded measurements in the app, didn’t really think to track that. I’ve been tracking it as I go down in pants sizes. I was at a 20 when I started, but almost immediately went down to an 18 as soon as I cut ingredients from my diet and stopped bloating. I got into 16s awhile ago. My 14s are just still way too tight though so I was feeling discouraged after trying them all on. I just measured and put the numbers in so I’ll start tracking that now so I can actually see some progress. Do you suggest measuring weekly or does that change more slowly than weight?
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    LadySaton wrote: »
    I had actually never recorded measurements in the app, didn’t really think to track that. I’ve been tracking it as I go down in pants sizes. I was at a 20 when I started, but almost immediately went down to an 18 as soon as I cut ingredients from my diet and stopped bloating. I got into 16s awhile ago. My 14s are just still way too tight though so I was feeling discouraged after trying them all on. I just measured and put the numbers in so I’ll start tracking that now so I can actually see some progress. Do you suggest measuring weekly or does that change more slowly than weight?

I only measure once a month just because I think I lose inches slowly but I know some people measure weekly. I know a drop a couple inches before dropping a pant size so it can be a nice way to see smaller increments of change since, for me at least, it takes a while for me to fit into the next size down.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton wrote: »

I only measure once a month just because I think I lose inches slowly but I know some people measure weekly. I know a drop a couple inches before dropping a pant size so it can be a nice way to see smaller increments of change since, for me at least, it takes a while for me to fit into the next size down.

I think I’ll take a few weeks then and measure again, rather than discourage myself by not seeing much of a change. That will also conveniently skip over my bloat-y weeks too. I already decided not to try the jeans out again until after vacation in January, just gonna give it some time and hope my body decides to cut me some slack. 🤔
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    How do I join in on the group? Would love to be able to have others to be accountable with.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Start 11/3: 188
    11/10: 186
    12/5: 185
    12/17: 187
    GW by 2/1: 173

Up 2 pounds ughhhhhh! My inconsistencies are proving to keep me from progress.
    Must stay focused on my goals!

Happy Monday everyone. Wishing us all a successful week ahead B)
  • LadySaton
    How do I join in on the group? Would love to be able to have others to be accountable with.
    We only have six weeks until the end of the challenge, so that’s not really enough time to try and lose 20 pounds at this point, but you could always just lose at your own pace and post for motivation? I doubt anyone would mind! Good luck on your journey :-)

karenesg wrote: »
    Start 11/3: 188

Up 2 pounds ughhhhhh! My inconsistencies are proving to keep me from progress.
    Must stay focused on my goals!

Happy Monday everyone. Wishing us all a successful week ahead B)
    This is a hard time of year to try and focus on our own health! My holiday season doesn’t personally start until just a couple days before Christmas and I’m not looking forward to the struggle of finding time for what I need to do while visiting with everyone and drowning in social obligations. Better luck this week!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Hi! Just joining this thread. Somethings gotta give. I have to get healthy. I have WAY too many health problems because of my weight.
    SW: 204
    Height: 5'9
    Goal weight: 160
    *I am doing something different this time around. I am doing small goals of 1-2 pounds a week. Concentrating on the big goal doesn't work for me. I start freaking out when I have weight gain by a pound or so and then give up. I am also taking measurements. Good luck everyone! Feel free to friend me as well. ~Melissa
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    SW: 05/28/18 270.8
    CW: 11/16/18 202.7
    CGW: 02/01/19 182.7
    UGW: 135.4

11/19/18 ~ 201.8
    11/26/18 ~ 199.2
    12/03/28 ~ 196.6
    12/10/18 ~ 193.9
    12/17/18 ~ 191.1
    12/24/18 ~ Christmas vacay no scale
    12/31/18 ~ Christmas vacay no scale

Challenge loss so far: -11.6
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Here are my stats so far!

October 21st - Start of the 20lb challenge (I saw this thread a bit late.)
    November 21st - 9 pounds lost
    December 21st- 14 pounds lost

Just 6 more pounds to go!
  • ivysb
    ivysb Posts: 4 Member
    im in! i so need this! what plan are you following or? i feel like ive done every plan almost, keto now but am gaining.. help;-)
  • I’m in. I need something to hold me motivated. I want to lose 40lbs (the sooner the better...but at least by my 25th birthday in August). I know if I get the first twenty off, I will be more motivated to keep going!
  • lovelysheis
    lovelysheis Posts: 26 Member
    I need to lose about 70 lbs before summer 😬😬
  • LadySaton
    Original SW 223
    Challenge SW 187
    Current Weight 173
    Challenge GW 167 (for this challenge)
    Ultimate GW 145

I went up by .8lb this week. Not sure, but it could be water weight because of TOM and recently starting back on strength training (super sore lately) or rebound from all the excess I lost while I was sick. I won’t find out until I can weigh in again the second week of January.

I’m going to do my best but it makes me a touch nervous to go so long without scale feedback. Maybe I rely on it too much. 🤔
  • ZaneH2018
    ZaneH2018 Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am in! 😁 A little lateish, but I am sure I can do it with motivation amd support.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    12/24: 187

Ugh. A tough time of year for discipline, routines and self-control.
  • taratwocute
    taratwocute Posts: 9 Member
    I’m in!! Start weight is 188. Goal weight weight is 168. Ultimate weight 120. I believe that I can do it and that everyone else could too. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • LadySaton
    Finally back from vacay!

Highest weight 223
    Challenge SW 187
    Challenge GW 167
    Ultimate GW 145
    Current Weight 168.6

I thought the uptick in my last weigh in was hormonal water weight and looks like that was just what happened. I did a lot better on vacation than I thought I did and running 3 times a week really seemed to help.