Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    HeathieM wrote: »
    Ugh. Another month not losing weight. Ive been going up and down the same three pounds since the end of June- i was 213 when i joined MFP. At the beginning of the challenge, i started strong lifts and tightened up my tracking. And for nothing. I go to bed hungry daily and lift heavy three times a week. FFS. Im so frustrated and discouraged.

Weigh everything - measuring is probably underestimating calories. I used the Scooby Calculator (google it) to get a more accurate calorie allotment and it gave me about 1500 per day with no exercise. That works for me as a baseline. I consistently lose as long as I log everything and weigh. When I stop doing that, even though I know how to eat healthy and make good choices, I overeat and gain. It's also important to update your figures every five pounds to see if your calorie amount changes.

MFP gave me 1550 with no exercise. And i'm hungry at night when i go to bed. Im worried about eating less than i am and being even more hungry. Grrr
  • HeathieM
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    At SOME point ... yes ... that point is a vastly moving target though : /
    Do you have any place near you with a 5000 or 7000 series InBody available ?

Im not sure what they use, but they measure bf at my gym.
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Is it multi-frequency ? Does it have electrodes on the hands as well as the feet?
  • HeathieM
    Options

Is it multi-frequency ? Does it have electrodes on the hands as well as the feet?

Im not sure... ive never had my bf measured
  • 73CL350
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing the right things ... I'd just come to love your food scale.

As for being hungry ... it's somewhat inevitable but it does fade.
  • HeathieM
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing the right things ... I'd just come to love your food scale.

As for being hungry ... it's somewhat inevitable but it does fade.

Thank you for all of your input, i really do appreciate it. Guess I'll be buying a food scale after i hit the gym today.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    MFP gave me 1550 with no exercise. And i'm hungry at night when i go to bed. Im worried about eating less than i am and being even more hungry. Grrr

Soemone told you to cut out all carbs. Don't. Carbs are not the enemy and they provide you with necessary energy. My diet consists of about 40% carbs and I still lose weight. It's less calories in than you use that makes the difference. Balanced macros help you get better nutrition but it doesn't change how much weight you lose. Fruits and vegetables are carbs - what's wrong with fruits and vegetables?

Have you tracked your measurements? It's highly unlikely that you are lifting so much that the water in your muscles is affecting your weight; however, if you are lifting and gaining some muscle you might be better off ignoring the scale and going for a goal of inches lost instead of weight lost. You may very well be getting thinner but the scale doesn't reflect it. There are no rules here...if you want to be accountable, log your inches lost instead of weight.

Try the Scooby Calculator and see if it is different for calories just out of curiosity. Also, maybe try eating more satisfying foods. I find that I need a small morning and afternoon snack with some fat and protein to keep me from feeling hungry. I also get hungrier when I'm not drinking enough water.

• heatherraescott
    heatherraescott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I did a similar thing before and accountability works for me. Good luck everyone!
  • 73CL350
    Options
    I did NOT say to cut out carbs... I said "if all you wanted to do was move the scale down... cut out all carbs and you'll lose water weight"

...I was pointing out that the scale not moving doesnt necessarily mean you're not burning fat.
  • 73CL350
    Options
    Additionally it's common to gain 3-5 lbs of water in a week of lifting ... before you build ANY lean muscle mass.

Using muscles you haven't previously used will cause water retention in those areas.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    In response to all of this> I give myself as an example:

I fluctuate 5 lbs from morning to night, and throughout a week or weeks.

Good times that water weight, or food babies? :P

(Averaging and just feeling how your body is -how your clothes fit, your lungs feel, your energy, your brain, your whatever!. They can sometimes tell a lot more than the scale. **at least at the beginning. This shouldn't be too standard the entire time)..
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Additionally it's common to gain 3-5 lbs of water in a week of lifting ... before you build ANY lean muscle mass.

Using muscles you haven't previously used will cause water retention in those areas.

I swear I puffed up in my fingers from water intake.

..but maybe I'm just using them too much 😂

*finger presses* Do you even lift bro?
    *lifts pencil by finger*
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All of you 'adulting' with your meal prep.

Ugh, I bet you fold your laundry too : /

* lives in squalor and has no idea what I'm eating for lunch today *
    i wish I had the laundry thing down :( I can clean the fridge, vacuum, sweep/mop in one day but leave the laundry for another day! It’s been 4 days now and our mountain of clean clothes is turning into Mount Everest! 😂

• MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Two great weekends in a row for me. They are always the toughest time. I was way over on carbs yesterday, something I'm trying to keep in check, but under on calories Fri, Sat, and Sun. Paid off on the scale this morning. I'm down 2 lbs since my last weigh in sometime last week. I'll have to check my chart to see where I am from the start of the challenge so I can report a bit better.
    Yes! Weekends are tough! Awesome on the weight loss!:)
  • Soshy22
    Soshy22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in.
  • 73CL350
    Options
    Tonight is a steak grilled on cherry wood, a blend of golden oak shiitakes and baby portabella's ... and roasted brussels sprouts... the cheese is a local feta.

I made two huge steaks and will use the remains for lunches for the rest of the week! Meal planning win!

bi801jqomwup.jpg

9ahu5tq7b7hu.jpg

• 73CL350
    Options
    Also I set a new low before dinner at 174.0 for 12 lbs lost over 29 days!
  • kfitzwater24
    kfitzwater24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! I have been struggling the last few months and gaining. Time for a change!
  • Sandyt73
    Sandyt73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I guess what I can do is start off by meal prepping. I have all the ingredients but I haven’t made the meals yet. Maybe tonight! I’ll post a photo when finished 😊

Photo?? Love to see what you're cooking!
    I will most likely meal prep tomorrow. I haven’t decided what to make yet. I’ll post picks when I’m done!:)

Did my shopping today - one step closer!