Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    doowa wrote: »
    I haven't been logging but thought I was doing ok.. not as well as I should. Got on the scale this morning and weight is up. I mean way up 😡
    How is that even possible????

Weight loss is not linear, I have to repeat this to myself constantly. Especially as a women, hormones, water weight, etc. Seeing the scale bounce up is discouraging but it's not an accurate number. No single weight is... imagine a zig zag line that trends downward. You probably just caught an "up zig".
  • kitscats1563
    kitscats1563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @73CL350, you are right it can change and does change depending on different circumstances.
    However, when you read my post and saw how much weight I have lost over all about 111 lbs so far, I'm not new to weight loss, being doing this a long time. The lbs I have lost since being on here isn't water weight. Yes, it can very a great deal and me committing about being on track was a figure of speech, not an actual fact.

Wanting to lose 20 lbs by Feb is the goal for this challenge and it doesn't mean it will be achieved, but something that might be attained. I think most people should know that nothing is guaranteed. I didn't start my weight loss journey when I joined MFP( 2 weeks ago) I started my journey will over a year ago and joined MFP, because I was tried of doing it by myself. There are a lot of wonderful and amazing people on here, and I have enjoyed the feedback and support of the my MFP friends. Thank you for your comment and i appreciate the concern.
  • kitscats1563
    kitscats1563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Didn't put into MFP, my heaviest weight because i wasn't on here at the time and felt that I should only calculate the weight I was at when I joined. That is why it only shows 5 lbs lost instead of 111lbs lost.
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I turn 60 on Feb. 20th. Started in Sept. and down 8 lbs (@179 now and 5'8"tall). My goal is 150. Love reading everyone's stories and encouragement. Let's do this!! -Terry
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in Sunday,

Heaviest weight: 400
    Weight when joined MFP: 294 (joined Oct 10)
    Challenge start weight: 294 (joined C on Oct 13)
    Challenge goal weight: 274
    Ultimate goal: 198 (I'm 6" ft)

10/14: 294 (first weigh-in for challenge)
    10/21: 294 (0 lbs lost)
    10/28:. 289 ( lost 5 lbs this week)

As of this morning, i finally reached the 5 lb loss I wanted for October. I'm thankful that I'm on track so far.
    Only been in this challenge for 2 weeks and looking forward to see what happens during the rest of this challenge.

Starting this week will be taking my measurements once a week to keep track on how I'm doing over all. Will try to increase my exercise routine slowly as I'm able. Wish everyone the best in this challenge. 😁

Awesome loss buddy
  • tthickens637
    Options
    I guess what I can do is start off by meal prepping. I have all the ingredients but I haven’t made the meals yet. Maybe tonight! I’ll post a photo when finished 😊

Photo?? Love to see what you're cooking!

• tthickens637
    Options
    Finished!

6 dinners - sweet potatoes and black bean bowls

be2u48xkgohb.jpeg

c9jq41ad2ufi.jpeg

Wow!! Awesome. Looks great and great advanced planning. Ok, I'll do the same and post sometime this week:)
  • tthickens637
    Options
    Sigh. Staying accountable, good or bad. First weigh in, 206.7. That's over 2 lbs MORE than last week. But its that lovely time as a women and my hubby and I celebrated our anniversary by going to Salem MA yesterday. Did a LOT of walking but didn't eat great. Still tracked, still weighed in.... not getting discouraged. My mantra: WEIGHTLOSS IS NOT LINEAR
    Seeing the scale go up usually does me in, and then I give up. Not this time!

I believe up is part of the down process... so you got that out of the way:) Thanks for sharing!!
  • tthickens637
    Options
    amc2509 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join?? Good that this target goes past Christmas... might help to focus the mind

Current weight 8/10/2018: 169lb
    15/10/2018
    22/10/2018
    29/10/2018
    5/11/2018
    12/11/2018
    19/11/2018
    26/11/2018
    3/12/2018
    10/12/2018
    17/12/2018
    24/12/2018
    31/12/2018
    7/1/2019
    14/1/2019
    21/1/2019
    28/1/2019
    1/2/2019

Great idea!! Let's look ahead:) Thanks for sharing!
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Posting my first update ^^

10/21 - Starting date for challenge
    10/28 - 5 pounds lost

15 pounds to go.
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    October 1: 186.0 lbs SW
    October 28: 174.6 CW.
    GW Feb 1: 166.0
    UGW 149.9

Who keeps wooing me? : (

When I was new to the community, I didn't realize the woo was a negative thing. I thought of it like woah! Or woohoo!. The emogi face does look a bit bewildered though. Maybe they don't know it's negative?

I didn't know the woo face was suppose to be bad. Now I'm wondering if I should go back and find all the posts I gave a woo emoji to and take it back xD.
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    October 1: 186.0 lbs SW
    October 28: 174.6 CW.
    GW Feb 1: 166.0
    UGW 149.9

Who keeps wooing me? : (

When I was new to the community, I didn't realize the woo was a negative thing. I thought of it like woah! Or woohoo!. The emogi face does look a bit bewildered though. Maybe they don't know it's negative?

I didn't know the woo face was suppose to be bad. Now I'm wondering if I should go back and find all the posts I gave a woo emoji to and take it back xD.

I dont think anyone takes it that seriously. Woo just means "you're crazy"
  • takemetosingapore2019
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me I’m in!
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Guys! I don't know about weight loss yet, but I'm just so proud of myself for having gotten in some activity today!

My hubby and I ran to the video store to drop off a movie (instead of driving). ..though it was only 0.5 miles, I felt great! - been on a 5 day streak of doing some activity, and keeping my calories on target. I'll take it!

*back story: it has been less than a year since my back problem healed, allowing me to do something like running on the ground outside without pain. ... less than two years since I started turning to ellipticals to run instead. Never can do much, but I'm just so happy and proud that I can run at all!*

I didn't get to meal prep, but I'm hoping I can scrounge up something good for lunch and do the cooking tomorrow night. *sigh*

[Feeling confident and positive moving forward in this "challenge" - if I can keep this up, I might actually succeed!]
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I guess what I can do is start off by meal prepping. I have all the ingredients but I haven’t made the meals yet. Maybe tonight! I’ll post a photo when finished 😊

Photo?? Love to see what you're cooking!
    I will most likely meal prep tomorrow. I haven’t decided what to make yet. I’ll post picks when I’m done!:)
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    All of you 'adulting' with your meal prep.

Ugh, I bet you fold your laundry too : /

* lives in squalor and has no idea what I'm eating for lunch today *

I hear ya. *eating pizza for lunch, TV dinner for hubby* ..... * stares at overflowing clothes in dryer*... idk what you are talking about 😆
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Two great weekends in a row for me. They are always the toughest time. I was way over on carbs yesterday, something I'm trying to keep in check, but under on calories Fri, Sat, and Sun. Paid off on the scale this morning. I'm down 2 lbs since my last weigh in sometime last week. I'll have to check my chart to see where I am from the start of the challenge so I can report a bit better.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My official monthly weigh in days will be the 28th of the month because I have a half marathon 4/28. My goal is 40 pounds by then but realistically it will be closer to 30.

10/24/2018 - (first day I joined the group) 214.5
    10/28/2018 - 210.8 down 3.7 pounds

This is mostly water weight. I promise I won't sustain that kind of loss every four days!