Lose 20lbs by Feb 1st Accountability Buddies

Options

Replies

• MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    doowa wrote: »
    I haven't been logging but thought I was doing ok.. not as well as I should. Got on the scale this morning and weight is up. I mean way up 😡
    How is that even possible????
    It could be water weight. I track my weight everyday and sometimes I’ll go up 3 pounds in one day and back down the next. It’s super frustrating. Don’t give up! Start tracking again :)

• MissTeriAnn
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:
    SW:211
    SW beginning of this challenge: 204.4
    10/7: 206.7
    10/14: 203.6
    10/21: 202.4
    10/28: 201.6
    Slow and steady, ill take it.

Awesome!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh-In
    PW: 164.3
    CW: 160.5
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    My weekly weigh in:

Initial starting weight: 180
    Challenge Starting Weight: 165.4
    Goal Weight: 145.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 125

Sunday 10/07 = 163.0
    Sunday 10/14 = 160.2
    Sunday 10/21 = 159.2
    Sunday 10/28 = 160.0

I’ve been stuck in the 160’s for a very long time. I’m not going to let this get me down! I started the T25 Alpha and completed my first week. I need to take measurements soon. My body is sore from the hard workouts but I’m sure I’ll see a difference in the coming weeks. Change doesn’t happen overnight but my mindset can stay positive.
  • Lukdbestucan16
    Lukdbestucan16 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Am abit lost. How does this thread function for the challenge??
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    October 1: 186.0 lbs SW
    October 28: 174.6 CW.
    GW Feb 1: 166.0
    UGW 149.9
  • trek24
    trek24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options

It’s not super organized. Most check in once a week with their progress.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I just had a conversation this morning about trying to get more active by February, and I had the stark realization of just how quickly it will get here!

... we are hoping to start family planning then, but I want to get my life in order first. Exercising gives me happy endorphins which keeps me awake, active, energized and happy.

As much as I would love to lose 20 lb., I probably would fail. Instead, I'm just taking each day and pushing to increase my activity level and control my diet.

(Assuming I'm successful, I should become fit and lose some weight right??).

This crap is hard 😟

CW: 201 or 205 ish lbs
    GW: 180 ish...more active lifestyle
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this motivating group, JuliBiGoolee. I'm In! I'm glad I caught the thread just in time to safely lose 20 lbs by Feb 1st. It's almost the max rate, but I trust that a good daily exercise session will keep me going when food is too tempting. I'm not sure if setting a time goal is setting myself up to fail, because I've never before done it that way when I lost weight. With prior success, I basically kept at a pattern of food and exercise and looked in the mirror a lot, haha, (to gauge progress.) It worked and the weight stayed off for years even as my food consumption varied, which I credit as I said, to daily exercise (an hour of vigorous aerobics with weights.) I think I'm just one of those people who have to exercise for life, to stay at a healthy weight - I can't starve myself thin, and I refuse to yo-yo diet. I don't count it as a yo-yo that I gained weight over a twenty year period, which is what happened when I reduced my exercise gradually to none. Result: I became obese.
    I did learn in the process that past a certain composition (as per individual) the ratio of fat to muscle is such that your body burn rate can't possibly keep up with and burn what you eat, even if you eat practically nothing. That of course is because fat cells are sleepers, they don't have much metabolic demand for calories to stay alive, unlike muscle tissues which burn calories like a racehorse. It's like a tipping point. But all is not lost, it just means that to get past it we have to build muscle with weight bearing exercise, to get that ratio of fat to muscle back onto favoring the muscle side.
    By the way it is true, and I've heard lots of people sadly express, they're dieting on very low calories but not losing and their doctor and or a family member thinks they're cheating on the diet. But that's just ignorance, not intentional unkindness by the critic. It's because their body composition is past that tipping point, and their diet alone just won't cut it.
    So, we have to build muscle in some situations. I apologize because all this is probably really obvious to you guys, but I just proved it to myself through my experience, and I'm excited to share it. Haha.
    Goood Luck Everyone! We've got this.
  • millerfrog0216
    millerfrog0216 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m in taking small steps at a time. Like to lose 20 by Feb. that would be a great birthday present to me.
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »
    I just had a conversation this morning about trying to get more active by February, and I had the stark realization of just how quickly it will get here!

... we are hoping to start family planning then, but I want to get my life in order first. Exercising gives me happy endorphins which keeps me awake, active, energized and happy.

As much as I would love to lose 20 lb., I probably would fail. Instead, I'm just taking each day and pushing to increase my activity level and control my diet.

(Assuming I'm successful, I should become fit and lose some weight right??).

This crap is hard 😟

CW: 201 or 205 ish lbs
    GW: 180 ish...more active lifestyle

It’s very possible! I was 180 at my highest and the doctor told me to lose 15 pounds before getting pregnant again after two losses. I lost 20 and got pregnant again with a sticky baby! I lost twenty pounds right away just by cutting out processed foods and meat.

Now I’m back to processed food and meat. I want to be able to get back at 125 again (my weight 3 years ago) which seems hard but I know it will happen.

One step at a time!:)
  • kitscats1563
    kitscats1563 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in Sunday,

Heaviest weight: 400
    Weight when joined MFP: 294 (joined Oct 10)
    Challenge start weight: 294 (joined C on Oct 13)
    Challenge goal weight: 274
    Ultimate goal: 198 (I'm 6" ft)

10/14: 294 (first weigh-in for challenge)
    10/21: 294 (0 lbs lost)
    10/28:. 289 ( lost 5 lbs this week)

As of this morning, i finally reached the 5 lb loss I wanted for October. I'm thankful that I'm on track so far.
    Only been in this challenge for 2 weeks and looking forward to see what happens during the rest of this challenge.

Starting this week will be taking my measurements once a week to keep track on how I'm doing over all. Will try to increase my exercise routine slowly as I'm able. Wish everyone the best in this challenge. 😁

• MissTeriAnn
    Options
    1pandabear wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this motivating group, JuliBiGoolee. I'm In! I'm glad I caught the thread just in time to safely lose 20 lbs by Feb 1st. It's almost the max rate, but I trust that a good daily exercise session will keep me going when food is too tempting. I'm not sure if setting a time goal is setting myself up to fail, because I've never before done it that way when I lost weight. With prior success, I basically kept at a pattern of food and exercise and looked in the mirror a lot, haha, (to gauge progress.) It worked and the weight stayed off for years even as my food consumption varied, which I credit as I said, to daily exercise (an hour of vigorous aerobics with weights.) I think I'm just one of those people who have to exercise for life, to stay at a healthy weight - I can't starve myself thin, and I refuse to yo-yo diet. I don't count it as a yo-yo that I gained weight over a twenty year period, which is what happened when I reduced my exercise gradually to none. Result: I became obese.
    I did learn in the process that past a certain composition (as per individual) the ratio of fat to muscle is such that your body burn rate can't possibly keep up with and burn what you eat, even if you eat practically nothing. That of course is because fat cells are sleepers, they don't have much metabolic demand for calories to stay alive, unlike muscle tissues which burn calories like a racehorse. It's like a tipping point. But all is not lost, it just means that to get past it we have to build muscle with weight bearing exercise, to get that ratio of fat to muscle back onto favoring the muscle side.
    By the way it is true, and I've heard lots of people sadly express, they're dieting on very low calories but not losing and their doctor and or a family member thinks they're cheating on the diet. But that's just ignorance, not intentional unkindness by the critic. It's because their body composition is past that tipping point, and their diet alone just won't cut it.
    So, we have to build muscle in some situations. I apologize because all this is probably really obvious to you guys, but I just proved it to myself through my experience, and I'm excited to share it. Haha.
    Goood Luck Everyone! We've got this.
    Thanks for sharing. Maybe this is why I’m not losing weight anymore.. I’m on a super low calorie diet between 1200-1500 a day. It’s so difficult to do. I started the T25 workouts this week to see a change. I also need a scale that shows my body fat. That’s the most important part. Again thanks for sharing and welcome!
  • 73CL350
    Options
    @kitscats1563 and others ... be careful thinking if you want to lose 20 lbs in 4 months that you are "on track" if you are losing 5 lbs a month.

Depending on where you're starting you could lose 7 lbs of water in the first week ... but regardless of that, those last 5 lbs are going to be much much harder to lose than the first 5.

A 4 month loss of 20 lbs will look much closer to:
    Month 1 - 10 lbs
    Month 2 - 5 lbs
    Months 3 and 4 - 2.5 lbs each.

Of course depending how much weight you have to lose... the more obese you are the more linear your weight loss can be.

20 lbs in 4 months is an easy goal for almost anyone, but its important to keep in mind losing weight gets harder as you lose more and more weight.
  • 73CL350
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    UGW 149.9

Who keeps wooing me? : (
  • MissTeriAnn
    Options

Oh sorry I thought “woo” was yay! I wanted to do a “yay” for the over 10 pound loss you accomplished this month.

Oh no.. now I don’t know what woo means and I’ve “woo” a lot of people on this thread. Yikes. No more wooing.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options

The ones I've seen, which inspired me to do this, you just comment whenever you want, weigh in weekly. You don't exactly get added. You just favorite the thread and participate as desired.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    Those of you starting late, doesn't necessarily mean 20 lbs. If you're a month late, maybe just shoot for 5 lbs a month? Obviously, totally up to you and how much you want to lose, need to lose. I guess what's most important, to me, is staying accountable, having a manageable goal... especially through the holidays. I'm most successful (or any bit successful) when I'm accountable to others. Progress, not perfection.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    UGW 149.9

When I was new to the community, I didn't realize the woo was a negative thing. I thought of it like woah! Or woohoo!. The emogi face does look a bit bewildered though. Maybe they don't know it's negative?