:cry:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    peanut butter

I mean it's good and all but if it's going to cost me 180 calories I'll just pass.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Any fruit or vegetable.
    Hot dogs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cheese and crackers (and meats like salami). i can eat a huge amount of them and it zips through calories like nothing :/

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Halo Top. So much enthusiasm here on MFP, so not worth even its meager calories. IMO only, of course: Feel free to eat my share.

Most grocery store/packaged baked goods. Really not good enough to be worth even Halo Top calories. ;)

I dunno. Using my shelled pistachio nut example: 8 pistachio nuts (30g) or 1 cup of Halo Top (250g)?

I agree that Halo Top is pretty sad as far as ice cream goes but it makes up for that sadness with the fact that I can eat an appreciable volume of it. Just sayin'
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Halo Top. So much enthusiasm here on MFP, so not worth even its meager calories. IMO only, of course: Feel free to eat my share.

Most grocery store/packaged baked goods. Really not good enough to be worth even Halo Top calories. ;)

I dunno. Using my shelled pistachio nut example: 8 pistachio nuts (30g) or 1 cup of Halo Top (250g)?

I agree that Halo Top is pretty sad as far as ice cream goes but it makes up for that sadness with the fact that I can eat an appreciable volume of it. Just sayin'

If those were my only two choices, I'd take the nuts. Halo Top, to me, is not "bad" . . . just curiously unsatisfying, at any volume. I eat it, and feel like I ate . . . nothing. Not worth the calories (and I'm a volume eater, in general). I like the nuts.

YMMV, and that's totally fine.

ETA: BTW, I think your calorie counts are off. USDA says shelled, salted pistachios are 200 calories per quarter cup (35g), using the Kroger Private Selections entry. Halo Top says Vanilla Bean is 70 calories per half cup, so your cup is 140 calories (more or less, depending on flavor, but about that). I get 24.5g of shelled pistachios for 140 calories, which is a bit under 3T . . . more than 8 kernals. (8 nuts sounded wrong to me, so I looked).
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

If those were my only two choices, I'd take the nuts. Halo Top, to me, is not "bad" . . . just curiously unsatisfying, at any volume. I eat it, and feel like I ate . . . nothing. Not worth the calories (and I'm a volume eater, in general). I like the nuts.

YMMV, and that's totally fine.

ETA: BTW, I think your calorie counts are off. USDA says shelled, salted pistachios are 200 calories per quarter cup (35g), using the Kroger Private Selections entry. Halo Top says Vanilla Bean is 70 calories per half cup, so your cup is 140 calories (more or less, depending on flavor, but about that). I get 24.5g of shelled pistachios for 140 calories, which is a bit under 3T . . . more than 8 kernals. (8 nuts sounded wrong to me, so I looked).

To each his own of course.

My pistachios were marked as 170cal/30g and I weighed them. Perhaps they were particularly dense? I'm also prone to exaggeration so I will extend you 12 kernels as a compromise LOL

By shelled, I mean the ones where it's all kernel, no shell in the bag. Could that be the difference? Shouldn't be since no one eats the shells but you never know. What I do is that they are even worse than the ones I have to shell myself because I don't have to slow down to get them out of the shell, I can just shovel them into my maw.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    peanut butter

I mean it's good and all but if it's going to cost me 180 calories I'll just pass.

I love it and make room for it as often as I can get away with.

Had to stop keeping a jar of Jif Natural Creamy at work, though!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the Taco Salad from Wendy's. I ate one for the first time today. Although it was only 440 calories, it was boring, horribly mediocre and was lowish in protein.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sheet cake. Smoothies and protein shakes. Stadium foods. I shared some super greasy crinkle cut fries slathered in ketchup yesterday. My friends and I were like totally not worth it.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Alcohol.and the munchies it leads to
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Sheet cake. Smoothies and protein shakes. Stadium foods. I shared some super greasy crinkle cut fries slathered in ketchup yesterday. My friends and I were like totally not worth it.

Where are you people getting these bad fries? I am sad.

I only eat fries twice a year, because unfortunately, it's hard to find fries that are reliably gluten free. When we go on vacation, the fries on the boardwalk have dedicated fryers, so I know they're safe.

They use fresh cut potatoes. They fry them fresh for each order.

They are spectacular and worth every single calorie.

Foods not worth calories? Any gluten-free "replacement" foods like gluten free bread, pizza, etc. I do have to say that Trader Joe's gluten free bagels are half-way decent, though.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Wafer cookies. These things. While I think they are delicious, I also think they are shockingly high in calories considering how little they weigh. (For some reason I think that things that weigh little should be low in calories.)

3fd7c88470a6673c6edb04dfde5bc17f.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Wafer cookies. These things. While I think they are delicious, I also think they are shockingly high in calories considering how little they weigh. (For some reason I think that things that weigh little should be low in calories.)

3fd7c88470a6673c6edb04dfde5bc17f.png

Okay, yes! I grabbed a few off a potluck table a while ago, thinking "how many calories could they be?"

Not worth it! :s