I don't add my meds to my food log...

Options
So I've been sick the past couple of days and today I noticed that my C pack, airborne, and the alkaseltzer pack I have been taking have calories... Haven't been adding them to my daily diary... At the same time it's been a struggle to even get to my calories since my appetite is almost non-existent. Is it even worth adding to my food diary?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    no
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't log medicine when I'm sick. I know it has calories, but I focus my energy on getting well. I don't want to eat less food due to calories from cough syrup or whatever.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. You should be focusing on getting better and not worrying about how many calories your medication has or adding it into your diary
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    no
  • IamtheFire139
    IamtheFire139 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I figured. I was more curious to see if anyone a actually does that. Trust me, I'm not concerned about the cals in my med packs vs. me getting better lol
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I figured. I was more curious to see if anyone a actually does that. Trust me, I'm not concerned about the cals in my med packs vs. me getting better lol

Good thinking. I log my daily supplements but not for the calories. I like to see where I am with some micronutrients. I don't log medications
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    No, and I would not worry about calories while sick. Your body needs the energy to heal. Try to eat at maintenance, if you have the appetite.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I did for a while because I used to forget taking them, even with the daily boxes to remind me. Now it's not necessary.

Edit to add I have daily and monthly prescription meds. But I never log the "because I'm sick" meds.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother logging medicine unless you want a record of when you took them.