Options
Going on no carb diet with a target to loose 1kg per week.wish me luck

Replies

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »

I wonder what your definition of "carbs" sounds like.

I started on a low carb diet (under 90 grams) about 3 months ago. I was absolutely amazed at how many carbs are in things like fruit. I had no idea. I'm guessing I'm not alone. One smallish pear is about 1/3 of my carb allotment for the day. Forget eating most of the frozen dinners from Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones either.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    MFP's counting of actual carbs might make that confusing.

We'll probably never know...
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »

I wonder what your definition of "carbs" sounds like.

I started on a low carb diet (under 90 grams) about 3 months ago. I was absolutely amazed at how many carbs are in things like fruit. I had no idea. I'm guessing I'm not alone. One smallish pear is about 1/3 of my carb allotment for the day. Forget eating most of the frozen dinners from Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones either.

This is my issue (for me!) with really low carb diets, as I'd miss fruit and I think it's good for me. I keep them at around 100-120 (at least in the winter, when there's not local in-season fruit around, and when on a deficit). I tend to eat starchy carbs at only one meal, and not in huge portions (although I still will use beans and lentils as a non meat source of protein quite regularly -- they are another higher carb food I think is really important). I will also fit in smaller servings of potatoes and sweet potatoes and occasional pasta. I've never cared about bread or rice or dry/cold cereals (I in fact dislike cereals other than oatmeal), and steel cut oats are fine but I generally prefer eggs and veg for breakfast anyway, so mostly this is just eating how I like to eat. If I have an occasional higher carb day I don't care, however, as I am not aiming for any particular number.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    That would be a sure recipe for me to quickly lose 20 then quickly gain back 35.