What's your daily calorie budget?

Options

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Somedays its too hard to workout when its just me and the baby so iv upped my intake to 1300 form the MFP 1,200 a day. Still a 650ish deficite so should be fine. Im starting tomorow and making sure im between 1200-1300 a day
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mine was 1200 but I bumped it up to 1400 (for now) because I will start exercising on Monday so we'll see. :)
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Generally here I keep my opinions to myself but 950 a day with a day of eating 127??I can appreciate you may wish to lose weight but there is a line to draw to be healthy,perhaps do some reading on what you body NEEDS to survive?127 for a day is dangerous.Nuff said from me.

Mine was 1200 but I was getting so tired I upped it to 1350,I eat all my exercise,I blow it badly perhaps once a week and go to a little over or under rest of the week
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200; it seems low but I excercise ALOT and always NET that many. Also, not afraid to go over and up to 1500 depending on the reason (read: I drink a glass of wine haha).
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1750. I try to always eat at least that much including exercise calories and I often eat over putting me at an average net of 2000 calories. I've lost 7lbs in 2 months of doing this.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1600 before exercise. Some days I struggle to hit the 1200 net minimum though. I eat back exercise calories if I'm hungry but if I'm not hungry I don't.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love reading these threads and I am currently working on increasing my calories also! However, over the last weeks It seems like I am gaining weight! I work out to p90x,insanity, and running as a hybrid and I am always sore so I some of the increase of weight is probably water retention.

Anyhow I am netting somewhere between 1700-1800 this week!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    err i didnt meant to post here...i think i need a nap:yawn:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Between 950- 999.

I don't freak out if I go up to 1200, as long as I've done a lot of exercise. But I prefer to stay in 3 digits, it calms my mind a bit and reassures me that I can't be overeating.

I hate eating exercise calories but, if I'm burning 800+ in a day I'll let myself have something extra if I feel ill.

Question for the people who say they are eating 2000-2500 before exercise - I'm confused. Obviously it's working well for you looking at weight counters and stuff but ... that's an ordinary diet for a non dieting person (2000 for a woman and 2500 for a man). So how does it work that you lose weight on it? Do you work out like crazy but not eat back the exercise calories or something?

I actually make sure I NET 2200-2500 a day and I am happily maintaining 143-145lbs (today I weighed in at 145lbs, but I know it is my muscles retaining water as they are quite sore from doing squats the other night).

I work on my feet 4-5 days a week and I workout 2-3 times a week. I recently switched gyms so my routine has changed some, but before the switch I was running and doing circuit training.

How do I know I need to eat so much? Well, because... after 18 months in this journey I have learned to pay attention to my body and eat when I am hungry. I eat what I want, when I want - but I eat it in moderation. I do not eat fast food or drink pop.

I can not tell you WHY it works - it just does. My body obviously burns a lot of calories in my day to day life and I know in order to be healthy and maintain my weight - I need to consume in that range.

I was consuming 3000 NET calories and had my weight down to 141lbs. I didn't like how I felt eating that much, so I lowered my calories back to this range and my weight went back up this range. If I consume less than 2000 calories, my weight will go back up to around 150lbs.

All I can say - is this is working for me. I can't explain WHY, I just know it does.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    2260 to lose 1 lb per week. *Really hopes this isn't like WW where are the short chicks get mad at me* lol

No hate here. I'm short (5'4") and I consume in that same range. I am happily maintaining my weight. :)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine is 950, I try not to make it though. However yesterday I only got to 127calories. So I've implemented a minimum too which is now 500 :)

Wow um I guess we'll be visiting you at the morgue soon!! You are depriving your body of what it needs.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I set mine for 1450 (1.5 lbs each wk) and make sure to NET at least 1200. It's hard to wrap my head around but the closer I eat to my calorie goal the better I lose.
  • jminette
    jminette Posts: 81
    Options
    Have you talked to a nutritionist? That number seems quite low.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1750 and with exercise I usually net anywhere from 1400-1650.
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    1200 but although I track my food, I eat when I'm hungry, I just make sensible choices. If I'm hungry and I've blown my 1200 I'll have a yoghurt instead of having cake hehe (most of the time) I would eat my exercise cals too if I exercised a lot. The only reason I'm on 1200 is because I can't exercise atm, I'm mostly at home, the only way for me to lose weight is by dieting. That will hopefully change and I will be out burning more and hence eating more. Losing weight or not you still gotta eat. Find out what your BMR is and work with that.
  • squeak1989
    Options
    Around 1000cals net. Which normally involves 1200cals food and 200cals exercise a day. It's not what MFP recommends but when I lost weight previously I found that the more weight I lost the lower my net cals needed to be to continue to lose weight. Last time I was this weight I was on 1000cals net because 1200net caused me to maintain and 1500net caused a gain, so I decided to stick with the same calorie budget as last time.
  • zapatasbloodjv
    Options
    it was at 1270 when I had 2lbs a week as my goal.

I switched my goal to 1lb. and it jumped to 1700!!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set @ .5# loss per week w/ MFP & I recalculate every time my weight changes. So far, I'm actually losing more than 1/2 pounds each week.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Mine is 950, I try not to make it though. However yesterday I only got to 127calories. So I've implemented a minimum too which is now 500 :)

your just trying to start **** aint you?
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    2130 before exercising.