What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Appreciated. But to clarify: I should emphasize it's the money that's keeping me from doing this. Deep down I know I should probably pay whatever necessary, because life insurance is that important. If the unthinkable happens, my family will be less-well-off because I didn't want to pay a few extra bucks.
    HDBKLM wrote: »
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I suppose this counts, though it's less about appearance (and others' impression of my appearance).

One reason I'm losing weight is because I'm starting a family and need a bigger term life policy--which is really ****** expensive if you're overweight. I'm not made of money, but I have to make sure my wife/kid is OK if I croak.

I would count this as less a petty reason than a sensible and pragmatic one, but well done either way.

ETA: In case this is interpreted wrong, I didn't mean to say 'Get out, you're in the wrong thread', I meant to say I support your reasoning and don't think you should underplay it by calling it petty.

• BrettWithPKU
    edited December 2018
    Agreed.

I was going to try to muck everything up my inquiring what brands a particular reason for losing weight as 'petty', but that sounds a 99-cent, poorly-edited ebook on Amazon.
    (But hey, if anyone's looking for an idea for a 99-cent, poorly-edited ebook to write for Amazon, you're welcome.)

EDIT: (SIDE-NOTE) This wouldn't be the first time someone's turned message board content into a terrible Amazon ebook.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    bump
  • BrettWithPKU
    sisine5800 wrote: »
    I just want to look hot, even though it's very narcisistic and not very like me. I want to feel and look hot, not to care about my body.
    HA ! As if body confidence only came with weight loss ... I lost almost 8 kilos and still struggling to see the difference in the miror

Body confidence doesn't only come with weight loss -- but it often helps.