Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    SW for August 152.5
    GW for August 148 - based on 1 llb per week
    1st week 9th August - 151
    2nd week 16th August - 147.5! this I could not believe I stepped on and off the scales reset it and it still said 147.5 so yeahhhhhhhh anything else I lose this month will be a bonus :happy:

wonderful....keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • RiawnaIsFatFailure
    Options
    Has lost from 51.7 to 51.3 not great but my mums been off for 2 weeks so this is brillant considering hope everyone else is soing ok
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in if that's ok

SW:145
    GW:138

30 day shred every day

As of this morning I'm 141.5! that's 3.5 lost, hurray for 30 day shred, I'll be keeping it up for the rest of the month to see how much more I can lose. So pleased with that!
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    Week #2 weigh in. Down by 0.4 lb. Its not exactly what I wanted to see, but not totally unexpected. All in all, I'm down by 7.2 lb in two weeks. I will take it!!! Still doing well well with water intake and fruits/veggies. I need to increase activity and stay within my calorie goals.

SW: 279.4

1st WI 272.6

CW: 272.2

GW: 271.4 by August 30, 2011.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last week, my weigh in was 161.4 :)
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    K I'M SUPPOSED TO WEIGH IN BUT IT'S MY TIME OF MONTH AND I ALWAYS GAIN 3 OR 4 PONDS SO I'M GOING TO WAIT CAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET DISCOURAGED.
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've strayed away from my personal goal a tad... okay... probably more than a tad.
    My last workout was last Thursday :frown: & I haven't really been getting in my water like I should. I guess I've been feeling a little off lately? However, I've still been logging my food daily, but just not meeting my personal goal. Must...... work........ harder! :wink:
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I weigh in tomorrow morning. I had a bad weekend, but I've done good through the week with my eating... I haven't worked out much though because I have been babysitting 8:30am-7pm. I keep a 21 month old, and I have a 26 month old. So there hasn't been much time for exercise! Once I get into the routine, I'll find time though.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I weigh in tomorrow morning. I had a bad weekend, but I've done good through the week with my eating... I haven't worked out much though because I have been babysitting 8:30am-7pm. I keep a 21 month old, and I have a 26 month old. So there hasn't been much time for exercise! Once I get into the routine, I'll find time though.

I babysat a few kids two years ago, it can be tough to find that time for exercise, the kids I had - including my own all took an afternoon nap at the same time and I could squeeze in a quick 30-45 minute workout and a quick shower so I didn't have to be sweaty all afternoon. I also had a double stroller for the days when I only had two kids and a large wagon for the days I had 3 kids and we would go for little walks around the block. It was nice just to get outside and do something!! You'll get into the swing of it pretty quick!

I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow too, but with the stress of a new job, not much exercise and going over my calories at least 3 days this week I don't think it will be a very good week!! Hopefully I get into the swing of things pretty quickly too!!
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since I've last checked in. I wasn't sure if I was going to make my goal in time because I was waiting on my 30DS to come and it never did. However, I have great news that I'm down to 159.8lbs from starting the month at 164lbs. I've been going down this steep trail by my house a lot and today will be my third day in a row. Today I'm stepping up my challenge to walking to the trail instead of driving there which will add possibly another 30-45 mins to the 50 min trail. :) My goal weight for the end of the month is 156lbs and I think I have a chance!
  • abertawe2
    Options
    WTG Crysalize :happy:
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    I babysat a few kids two years ago, it can be tough to find that time for exercise, the kids I had - including my own all took an afternoon nap at the same time and I could squeeze in a quick 30-45 minute workout and a quick shower so I didn't have to be sweaty all afternoon. I also had a double stroller for the days when I only had two kids and a large wagon for the days I had 3 kids and we would go for little walks around the block. It was nice just to get outside and do something!! You'll get into the swing of it pretty quick!

I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow too, but with the stress of a new job, not much exercise and going over my calories at least 3 days this week I don't think it will be a very good week!! Hopefully I get into the swing of things pretty quickly too!!

I wish the kid I babysit and my kid would nap at the same time! The one I babysit takes a nap easily enough every day around noon. My kid never takes a nap! Before I had two kids around, I'd just workout with my son under my feet. It was easier than it sounds. But now with the second kid, there is no way. I was working out 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week. I just changed my "goals" on MFP to doing 60 minutes, 3 times a day. If nothing else, I can do the elliptical at the fitness center once the other child goes home on days I babysit. Days I don't babysit, I can either do my stuff at home or the elliptical or a combo of both. :-)
    Been awhile since I've last checked in. I wasn't sure if I was going to make my goal in time because I was waiting on my 30DS to come and it never did. However, I have great news that I'm down to 159.8lbs from starting the month at 164lbs. I've been going down this steep trail by my house a lot and today will be my third day in a row. Today I'm stepping up my challenge to walking to the trail instead of driving there which will add possibly another 30-45 mins to the 50 min trail. :) My goal weight for the end of the month is 156lbs and I think I have a chance!

You can do it! :-) Sounds like you are very determined. Good luck!!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Still meeting my goals of logging and working out harder each time. . .
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    Weigh in day for me!

SW on MFP (July 29) - 227.8
    SW for August (August 1) - 224.4
    Goal for August - 219 (changed it from 220 so I'd be out of the 220's)

TODAY'S WEIGH IN - 217.9! :happy:

Since I've hit (and bypassed) my August goal, I'm not setting another goal. There is only one more Friday in the month for me to weigh in, so whatever I lose will be wonderful.
  • RiawnaIsFatFailure
    Options
    i've hit my goal weight ok 50kg 110 pounds 7 stone 12 but ive lowerd it to 7 stone 10 49kg not sure 108 pounds
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day for me!

SW on MFP (July 29) - 227.8
    SW for August (August 1) - 224.4
    Goal for August - 219 (changed it from 220 so I'd be out of the 220's)

TODAY'S WEIGH IN - 217.9! :happy:

Since I've hit (and bypassed) my August goal, I'm not setting another goal. There is only one more Friday in the month for me to weigh in, so whatever I lose will be wonderful.
    Nice Job !! Wish I could say the same, but wishing doesn't get me anywhere . You've done really great and I look forward to following the rest of your journey :bigsmile:
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i've hit my goal weight ok 50kg 110 pounds 7 stone 12 but ive lowerd it to 7 stone 10 49kg not sure 108 pounds
    Nice Job !!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    well my weigh in day was supposed to be friday - which I did weigh in, but the scale stayed the same :( I knew I wouldn't have much of a loss this week, I haven't been getting in nearly enough exercise and I had been over my calories a few times. I just started a new teaching job and I was busy all last week getting my room ready for the kids who start on Tuesday. So hopefully now that that is done I will have a little more time to devote to myself this coming week!!
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in -
    I've managed to achieve all of my weekly goals so far (more water, tracking, back to the gym, and starting C25K). I'm down 10 lbs, so only 2.5 more lbs to get to my August goal!

Hope others are having a successful challenge!
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    Nice Job !! Wish I could say the same, but wishing doesn't get me anywhere . You've done really great and I look forward to following the rest of your journey :bigsmile:

Thank you so much. :happy: I look forward to seeing your journey as well. We can all do this! :)