What did you want to be when you grew up?

Options

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don't remember, but certainly more than this.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a cop first. Then i wanted to be famous sing or acting sadly i ended up working with farm animals
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    When I was a little girl I wanted to be an Egyptian Princess Archaeologist

As a 16 year old I had a plan to be an entrepreneur, business owner, had a decent business and a fun one in mind too
    Always wanted to be an actor, as a kid and young adult...'till I got the auditions
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hockey Player 🏒🥅
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was extremely focused on being a grown-up lady with her own apartment and her name in the phone book. Therefore, I reached that goal at age 20 due to setting such a low bar :D

I never really had one job I hoped to do. For a long while, I thought I might like being an Art teacher but after doing similar "work" in my volunteer work I know I would not. I taught some college classes in the past and hated that too.

Kids don't normally dream of working in accounting.
  • Liana_Ish
    Liana_Ish Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    A vet
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    DemSwells wrote: »
    The 7 Million Dollar Man.
    Magnum PI's moustache.

I literally came here to post:

Steve Austin. A man barely alive.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was little but then I got my period and was afraid of tampons so that went out the window, lol.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I wanted to be a Marine. Thought I would make a career out of it. I didn't. Did my 4 years and moved on.

Later, I wanted to be a Chef. Never happened, but when we retire next year I am enrolling in Culinary School. I may never be a Professional Chef in a restaurant, but my family and friends will reap the benefits.

I have a friend who got a settlement from an accident and went to the French Culinary Institute in Manhattan. He still ended up a fireman like everyone else in his family who was not a criminal. But damned if everyone doesn’t fight to be on duty when it’s his turn to cook!
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Chinese
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Certainly not 50
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Honestly..I wanted to be my sister.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    A teacher and an attorney. Now I'm an attorney who's the default trainer for newbies in the office, so I guess I got both :smile:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Early on a nurse, then speech pathologist then archeologist and for a brief time a forensic scientist.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Middle management

It's overrated.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    For years, I told anyone who asked that I was going to be the first woman in the MLB.

But I'm not really that athletically talented.