Embarrassed Myself

Options

Replies

• HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. I just wanted to say that because I can't think of one to contribute (unless I've blocked it out), but what I'm learning is that not having such a story is probably a sign I'm not trying hard enough. For example, I didn't know that the cartoonish treadmill wipeouts were a real thing and always thought those magnetic string things that automatically turn off the machine were overkill. But that turns out to be because I mainly just walk on them, and nothing more strenuous.

Well done everybody, for all your hard work.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's nothing. I've seen people fly off the treadmill lol
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    My first (and only) day going to the gym in the morning before work, I went into the mens locker room on accident (They look exactly the same!) It was mostly empty except for the guy that came walking out of the shower. :o I switched to afternoon workouts after that.

I keep doing this at work!! We have two floors. On my floor the Women's is on the left and the men's on the right. Well someone had the bright idea to switch them on the other floor. So twice now when I've been down there I've walked right into the men's restroom on autopilot.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Be careful those of you with diabetes and blood sugar issues. I was life guarding once and the gym was dead that day except for a lady who had been in the pool for hours on end. She finally got out of the pool and as she was walking to the locker room completely collapsed. I thought she had a heart attack or something, it was just like our mock scenarios in training. I was glad she didn’t black out in the pool. Apparently she was diabetic, didn’t eat dinner the night before, and skipped breakfast (and was swimming for hours). When she came to I found these things out, and she also didn’t have any meds or anything on her. Lucky she was okay and I had some glucose tabs on me.. I don’t know why she thought that all was a good idea. She was really embarrassed, I was just glad she was alive.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've peed on the platform doing deadlifts. :#

Very. Heavy. Deadlift.

I had to actually lie down on the mat at the end of yoga class last week. The room was crowded and hot and all of a sudden, everything started spinning. The instructor had to help me out of the room.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Love reading these stories.

Today I went hiking in fresh snow about 9" deep. Didn't bring snowshoes or micro spikes - total newb mistake although I've hiked over 20 years. I hit a slick spot on the trail, fell sideways. My hip hit a big rock. Now I'm in bed nursing an injured hip. I have no idea how many others saw. Slightly embarrassing but totally lucky the injury wasn't worse.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Incontinence underwear fixes that.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to grunt and drop the barbell when I'm deadlifting heavy, nah I'm not embarrassed, it's only natural to strain and moan when you're trying to move a ton of weight up and down. Go hard or go home I actually just joined the gym three months ago for the first time in my life and had no access to barbell. Dropping the weight ? Guilty. It's pretty hard to maintain my grip on weights in excess of 300 pounds so it slips, it's heavy. Not all the time though!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great stories, just shows this stuff happens to everyone!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I stood up fast and beaned my head on the barbell. Everything went dark for a second. Fortunately, I was as home and only the dog saw me but I was still feeling pretty stupid. Now I always give a wide berth to the squat rack when I bend over near it even when the bar isn't on it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »

You are in good company, Stefi Cohen's 507 lb record deadlift left a bit of a puddle behind. The lift was too epic to care about a bit of pee.

I've seen it happen at every powerlifting meet I've ever been to.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Incontinence underwear fixes that.

I learned very quickly to wear Poise pads.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I learned to always pack extra lady items in my gym bag. That came thanks to a heavy deadlift on day 2 of TOM.

Other embarrassing things that I've done at the gym.
    1. Smashed multiple fingers multiple times with plates
    2. Dropped a barbell on my foot
    3. Exposed myself unknowingly...multiple times :unamused:
    4. Almost crushed myself while doing bench press without a spotter. A young good looking guy saved me

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.