Fancy name for calorie counting

Options
Finally I found it. I follow a named diet, so now I can participate in the discussions at family dinners...people around me always try the named diets : Paleo, low carb high fat, 16:8 diet, Wight watchers and so on..I've felt a bit left out since I just count my calories and eat what I like (getting protein and veggies ofc)
While googling something entirely else, I found out, that this is actually called the "Hypocaloric diet", which sounds much better :)
https://www.livestrong.com/article/163957-what-is-a-hypocaloric-diet/

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I like it.

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Yep so simple it's stupid! lol
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I do think you need an acronym to make it official though.

HCD
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Amerek412 wrote: »
    i hope this becomes the 2019 fad of the year... but i cant see it! :laugh:

Haha I can see it now...

"OMG you look amazing! How'd you lose all that weight???"

"Thank you! I followed the Hypocaloric diet"

"Wow, I haven't heard of that one! Sounds great how does it work???"

"It's so simple, you just eat fewer calories than you burn, every day, for an extended period of time"

"Oh...."

No. You have to explain it differently.

"it's a regimented regime where you compare the caloric inputs for a day vs. the caloric output for the day and attempt to ensure the outputs exceed the inputs by a pre-determined amount based on an analysis of your current body weight, height, your desired weight, and your desired loss rate, taking into account the impact of the various exercises you do during the day, and what impacts your personal satiety levels given your personalized food choices. You then track these items meticulously for a period of time (typically 4 weeks for males, 6-8 weeks for females) and analyze your real world results with your expectations then make modifications to your food intake or exercise to compensate for variances from your initial expectations."

I mean, if your going to scare them off anyway, might as well dazzle em with *kitten*.

I'm going to need flashcards with that printed on it, please :tongue:

How about diet brochures to hand out?!? :o
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I do think you need an acronym to make it official though.

HCD

Hockey Club Davos :huh:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I've pondered how to phonetically pronounce CICO so that I can tell people I follow the "KeeKo Diet" thinking that because it sounds like a person's name, it will lend itself to an appeal to authority, PLUS just enough people might confuse it with KETO that it automatically draws people in by association. Hypocaloric, while appealing, sounds too sciencey to get people to jump on board. People don't want scientifically proven methods, if they did, they'd be find with understanding that a simple calorie deficit is all that is required. They want something easy, that they think will give them results that are too good to be true...

But HCD sounds like HCG, so there's that!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I've pondered how to phonetically pronounce CICO so that I can tell people I follow the "KeeKo Diet" thinking that because it sounds like a person's name, it will lend itself to an appeal to authority, PLUS just enough people might confuse it with KETO that it automatically draws people in by association. Hypocaloric, while appealing, sounds too sciencey to get people to jump on board. People don't want scientifically proven methods, if they did, they'd be find with understanding that a simple calorie deficit is all that is required. They want something easy, that they think will give them results that are too good to be true...

But HCD sounds like HCG, so there's that!

Yes! I do agree that people are looking for complexity and "this one secret trick that no one has told you" for weight loss.

But between the acronym and the complex description, it could become a thing. Heaven knows my pine cone diet hasn't taken off.