Is the creamer worth it?

Options
So, I've read that dairy is bad for you if your goal is to lose weight so I stopped consuming dairy products. Although it wasn't an easy thing to do because, I mean.. delicious melty cheese! But I I think my body finally started getting used to the lack of dairy and I don't even crave it.
There is one thing however, that I'm still not 100% on. I would prefer to drink my coffee with creamer. I know that adding creamer to it would break my Dairy streak but I'm wondering... Is it really going to affect me losing weight by adding a teaspoon to a tablespoon of creamer every morning? Or is a dairy free diet more beneficial and the creamer will throw things out of balance?
I know that the amount of creamer that I add to my coffee is only five calories.

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Enjoy dairy. I stopped using nondairy creamers for a different reason beyond health.....most of them I can get here are made by a reprehensible corporation who will get not one cent of my money if I can help it. YMMV.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    First, most commercially bottled creamers are dairy free, or at least the ones I've ever used (Coffeemate, Lucerne, etc). Second, I find that for me personally it is 200% worth the extra calories/sugar/whatever. I don't enjoy my coffee the same without it.

I switched from creamers to half and half. 30 calories of deliciousness and I can still taste the coffee.