Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I used to own goats

One of the top two barnyard animals, I've heard.

@tenebrous_d You need to back off with the top two comments please. Harassing people is not a great way to make friends

Really? I joke around with my friends or potential friends. It was an ice breaker type comment. A wave in the hall. A 'I see you S Greer! What's up? I'm the dork that made the top two joke and tried to keep it going in a friendly way'.

If you see those comments as harassment, then I don't really think we'd be friends anyway. Good luck here. I'll do you a favor and block you now.

In that case I apologize. Things clearly got lost in translation
  • beatthereaper2016
    beatthereaper2016 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to intentionally create that long awkward silence during meetings at work by asking what everyone else is thinking but afraid to ask... but really wants to ask. I know it's a home run when all the white-shirts draw a slow, deep collective breath
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I like to intentionally create that long awkward silence during meetings at work by asking what everyone else is thinking but afraid to ask... but really wants to ask. I know it's a home run when all the white-shirts draw a slow, deep collective breath

:+1: I’m now known for this too. More people should speak up but are afraid
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I either care way too much or not at all. There's not much middle ground for me.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I have a knack for finding stray or hurt animals.
    Dogs, cats, baby opposums, lots of birds over the years.
    Found a baby bird in the road,
    ended up with a BlueJay for 11yrs.
    They normally only live about 7yrs.
    Tried to let it go several times but it couldn't seem to fly right.
    It was a mean son of a gun.
    It flew across the room one day and pecked my eyeball.
    It would start screaming every time I got on the phone.
    I had a real love/hate relationship with "Bird".
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I had actually lost all the weight before I ever even heard of mfp...

I used Endomondo a lot and entered in a "Most active minutes" challenge... I came in 64th out of like 175,000 people...

As a result I was one of 5 grand prize winners who won UA health boxes, jbl ear buds and a free year of mfp premium...

Otherwise I probably still would never had heard of this place...

Wow this is pretty cool
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have a knack for finding stray or hurt animals.
    Dogs, cats, baby opposums, lots of birds over the years.
    Found a baby bird in the road,
    ended up with a BlueJay for 11yrs.
    They normally only live about 7yrs.
    Tried to let it go several times but it couldn't seem to fly right.
    It was a mean son of a gun.
    It flew across the room one day and pecked my eyeball.
    It would start screaming every time I got on the phone.
    I had a real love/hate relationship with "Bird".

<3 this
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    There is not a single person that knows everything about me, not even my best friend of 20+ years. There are only a hand full of people IRL that know anything of substance about my true self, most people don't really want to know others so I don't see the value in revealing myself.

Yes.. I totally get this.

I keep my feelings to myself about emotional things so that people can't use it against me to hurt me.. if that makes sense. Basicaly I protect my heart well and rarely show vulnerability.

Me too... except the older I get, fortunately the less I care. Now it's really more a matter of picking the right people and not spending time on the wrong ones. The good ones are harder to find.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    I walked into a pole once.

I also walked into a pole once 🤣
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I volunteered at the library, but I was so bored I had to quit
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    I’m a 38 year old mom of 4 sons. I love soccer of all varieties, Scandinavian film, studying languages, and my “old lady” hobbies of genealogy, baking and knitting. I was a sabre fencer until I got far enough along in my pregnancy with my last baby that I could no longer zip my fencing jacket. That was 8.5 years ago and I said I’d get back to it when I could zip the jacket again...I think that I finally could manage to wear it again, but sadly, the club where I fenced back then has closed.

On a much deeper level, I was estranged from my dad for many years before his death and haven’t had any contact with any of his side of the family in about 18 years. I still fight a lot of anxiety that I think stems largely from spending my first dozen years listening to him telling me how worthless and terrible I was and that I’d never succeed at anything. It has led me to screw up quite a few friendships over the years, because I struggle to override that anxiety voice when it starts telling me that someone doesn’t actually like me or wishes I would stop talking to them. If I’m not getting frequent reassurance to the contrary (and sometimes even if I am), I find that I withdraw into myself so as not to be an annoyance...which is part of this awful cycle where the anxiety then convinces me that any decrease in contact is just proof that they never liked me anyway so I withdraw even further.

I'm sorry this happened to you. <3 I had 17 years of two parents saying the same things, and I know how hard it is to override those early messages.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    I’m a 38 year old mom of 4 sons. I love soccer of all varieties, Scandinavian film, studying languages, and my “old lady” hobbies of genealogy, baking and knitting. I was a sabre fencer until I got far enough along in my pregnancy with my last baby that I could no longer zip my fencing jacket. That was 8.5 years ago and I said I’d get back to it when I could zip the jacket again...I think that I finally could manage to wear it again, but sadly, the club where I fenced back then has closed.

On a much deeper level, I was estranged from my dad for many years before his death and haven’t had any contact with any of his side of the family in about 18 years. I still fight a lot of anxiety that I think stems largely from spending my first dozen years listening to him telling me how worthless and terrible I was and that I’d never succeed at anything. It has led me to screw up quite a few friendships over the years, because I struggle to override that anxiety voice when it starts telling me that someone doesn’t actually like me or wishes I would stop talking to them. If I’m not getting frequent reassurance to the contrary (and sometimes even if I am), I find that I withdraw into myself so as not to be an annoyance...which is part of this awful cycle where the anxiety then convinces me that any decrease in contact is just proof that they never liked me anyway so I withdraw even further.

This book might provide an interesting perspective on this behavior. The focus is on romantic relationships but I've applied it platonic relationships too.

Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find—and Keep—Love
    by Amir Levine, Rachel Heller
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Options
    This morning while driving to work. I came across 3 deers walking across the street . It was nice.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    I walked into a pole once.

I also walked into a pole once 🤣

just once? underachievers.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My earliest memory is from when I was about 3yrs old...

I had a dream that I met Jesus in a large church of gold, we had a conversation I can't remember but he picked me up...

My mother found me that night sitting up in my bed looking up towards the ceiling and talking to someone...

She asked who I was talking to as I remember waking up and seeing him grow larger and larger as he and the church faded away and I was left in my room with my mother...

I told her Jesus Christ
    Although I had apparently never heard him referred to before as Christ
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a pecan pie. That is all I will have tomorrow for my party of one Christmas dinner. I'm not 100% sure you should feel sad for me after reading all these holiday depression and anxieties about the holidays.