Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    tmanfive wrote: »
    ^ i appreciate that. ‘cept the house payment, and now recently a car payment, I got no debt either.

Those debts are a necessity. Anything else is just wants. I guess I never had the opportunity in life to really have wants. I like to live simply.

Wait a second.....i agree not living beyond your means is an exceptional trait....but i am not buying not having the opportunity to have wants. Having wants is what drives me like a madman. Not necessarily just monetary wants.....but everything. Wanting, happiness, independence, health, fitness, and yes complete financial security. I wasnt supposed to have any of that if i was to believe those around me.....but i do. Having wants and achieving them means making opportunities not waiting for them chica.

I know why you mean. I have had wants that I was able to obtain. I mostly meant monetary things but I always enjoy your input 😉

But you said you have not had the opportunity in life to really have wants.....i do not accept this. I do accept if what you mean is you never wanted monetary wants.....but opportunity is one thing i served this country for, so we all have the right to pursue what we want. It does not mean we have the right to have it.....but we sure have the opportunity to pursue it.

also, when you earn it, you should be able to keep it.

Nobody else is entitled to your prosperity.

(Not even the ne'er-do-wells who might disagree; you know who you are.)

So that's why Jo refuses to share her chocolate?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I’ve never paid for a massage either. The free ones I’ve gotten? You know what they say, you get what you pay for.

TBH I wouldn't want a massage. Period. Nor a pedicure. I don't want anyone that I don't know, touching that stuff. I don't even like going to the doctor for reasons like that. I always feel I need to apologize. Weird, huh?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I don't own any credit cards. I dont like to live beyond my means. There has been a time or two where life has hit me hard and I could of benefited from one, but I managed without one in the end.

Does that mean you're an Amazon virgin?
    I couldn't survive without Amazon. It's like air to me.

I don’t know about @_sw33tp3a_11 but I do PLENTY of online shopping. Book flights. Hotels. Air b&b’s all with my debit card. Amazon has ruined my shipping expectations for most other companies. 🙈
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I’ve never paid for a massage either. The free ones I’ve gotten? You know what they say, you get what you pay for.

TBH I wouldn't want a massage. Period. Nor a pedicure. I don't want anyone that I don't know, touching that stuff. I don't even like going to the doctor for reasons like that. I always feel I need to apologize. Weird, huh?

I’m the exact opposite. I’d get a massage weekly if I could. I’m in heaven when ol’ girl squeezes / massages my cheeks. My hiney is still soft and smooth from Tuesday’s massage.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I don't own any credit cards. I dont like to live beyond my means. There has been a time or two where life has hit me hard and I could of benefited from one, but I managed without one in the end.

I don’t know about @_sw33tp3a_11 but I do PLENTY of online shopping. Book flights. Hotels. Air b&b’s all with my debit card. Amazon has ruined my shipping expectations for most other companies. 🙈

Lol I have used Amazon. I recently drunk ordered those Tick Tok leggings that make your *kitten* look great. I wasn't impressed. I hate shopping mostly because I get bored of it real quick but if I have to order online, I use my debit card.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I can’t have a debit card. I’m so petrified someone will get it and clean out my bank account. When I worked in a bank I found out what that can do to a person. Hot checks right and left. Mortgage pmt refused. Etc. Nope. No debit card.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,029 Member
    Options

Lol I have used Amazon. I recently drunk ordered those Tick Tok leggings that make your *kitten* look great. I wasn't impressed. I hate shopping mostly because I get bored of it real quick but if I have to order online, I use my debit card.

I figured you did. Lol. I was just saying for me I use my debit card for everything I do. Or some things PayPal.
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I plan to stand on the moon or Mars before I die.

I pay for massages all the time...
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,559 Member
    Options

I buy practically everything but food and gasoline online.
    I have one credit card, I use it for everything but have learned the hard way that I cannot let one single month go by without paying the balance. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Paying interest is the pits.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

You’ll do it, bro. Go after it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

I hope you do. Pictures!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,559 Member
    Options
    I spent the majority of my life hating my ears.
    They don’t bother me at all anymore. 🙄
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options

If I’m able, I wanna yeet my ashes into space.... idk man, maybe my full corpse. Then aliens can study me when I eventually am discovered in a bazillion years
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I've never wanted to travel, always the homebody and wanting to raise a family, etc. But now I want to get up and go everywhere. I know time is running down. But nobody in my life who wants to go and I'm a wimp about going off on my own. Getting lost has always been a big fear of mine. :(
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I've never wanted to travel, always the homebody and wanting to raise a family, etc. But now I want to get up and go everywhere. I know time is running down. But nobody in my life who wants to go and I'm a wimp about going off on my own. Getting lost has always been a big fear of mine. :(

Gurl get out there! *shakes fist menacingly* 😅
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I’m pretty lucky. I don't diet. I don’t work out. My exercise consists of working around the property snd helping others with their manual labor like cutting and stacking wood. I eat whatever I want whenever I want. Basically, if I’m hungry I eat. And, I pretty much stay like this.

8zagquvaaqjw.jpeg

Wow and here I thought we were dang lucky to catch a glimpse of your legs in another post you shared. :) Waitin' for the face still.

Ya know, think about the way life changes over the generations. People never used to rely on diets, pills and special supplements, lifting weights and everything else to stay healthy and in shape. It was all working by hand, no sitting around watching tv for hours or browsing the internet(not like *I'd* ever do that :/). The old traditional roles where women would walk a mile to scrub clothes in the river and bring pails of water back or men would cut trees and chop the wood, hunt for meat. Even just hand milking cows used to give my farmer neighbor strong hands and arms; hauling manure by wheelbarrow all over his farmland kept him going into his 90's, even though his diet must've consisted of lard laden foods, eggs, meat and full fat dairy.
    Well, you get the point. :)

But I totally agree with you.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Gurl get out there! *shakes fist menacingly* 😅

I know. :( I really want to but crazy fears can keep you within your comfort zone all too easily. I live in New England and I'm the only one who has not gone to Seattle to visit my dd who moved out there maybe 7 years ago? I'd go in a heartbeat if I had someone to go with. But I can just picture myself getting lost in the Boston airport and never getting out again. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I've been lost before.

Come to think of it.... I suppose that I still am.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I’m pretty lucky. I don't diet. I don’t work out. My exercise consists of working around the property snd helping others with their manual labor like cutting and stacking wood. I eat whatever I want whenever I want. Basically, if I’m hungry I eat. And, I pretty much stay like this.

8zagquvaaqjw.jpeg

*flicks nipple and runs* 😆 I can't help myself lol

Look at that hair you wild man you ( I like it) 😉 looking good Tman looking good 👍