Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    How can you possibly max-out a credit card, making terrible decisions, if you don't have a credit card ??

Hopefully y'all compensate by writing bad checks.

• Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    ^ i appreciate that. ‘cept the house payment, and now recently a car payment, I got no debt either.

Those debts are a necessity. Anything else is just wants. I guess I never had the opportunity in life to really have wants. I like to live simply.

Wait a second.....i agree not living beyond your means is an exceptional trait....but i am not buying not having the opportunity to have wants. Having wants is what drives me like a madman. Not necessarily just monetary wants.....but everything. Wanting, happiness, independence, health, fitness, and yes complete financial security. I wasnt supposed to have any of that if i was to believe those around me.....but i do. Having wants and achieving them means making opportunities not waiting for them chica.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    ^ i appreciate that. ‘cept the house payment, and now recently a car payment, I got no debt either.

Those debts are a necessity. Anything else is just wants. I guess I never had the opportunity in life to really have wants. I like to live simply.

Wait a second.....i agree not living beyond your means is an exceptional trait....but i am not buying not having the opportunity to have wants. Having wants is what drives me like a madman. Not necessarily just monetary wants.....but everything. Wanting, happiness, independence, health, fitness, and yes complete financial security. I wasnt supposed to have any of that if i was to believe those around me.....but i do. Having wants and achieving them means making opportunities not waiting for them chica.

I know why you mean. I have had wants that I was able to obtain. I mostly meant monetary things but I always enjoy your input 😉
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

I know why you mean. I have had wants that I was able to obtain. I mostly meant monetary things but I always enjoy your input 😉

But you said you have not had the opportunity in life to really have wants.....i do not accept this. I do accept if what you mean is you never wanted monetary wants.....but opportunity is one thing i served this country for, so we all have the right to pursue what we want. It does not mean we have the right to have it.....but we sure have the opportunity to pursue it.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

But you said you have not had the opportunity in life to really have wants.....i do not accept this. I do accept if what you mean is you never wanted monetary wants.....but opportunity is one thing i served this country for, so we all have the right to pursue what we want. It does not mean we have the right to have it.....but we sure have the opportunity to pursue it.

I feel ya, brother. It’s all good though. We all post stuffs that don’t convey exactly what we mean or can be taken different ways.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

I feel ya, brother. It’s all good though. We all post stuffs that don’t convey exactly what we mean or can be taken different ways.

I have a hard time expressing things and it only makes sense in my head. I'm sorry if I confused anyone 😕
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

I knew what you were trying to say🙂🤗

Motorsheen wrote: »
    How can you possibly max-out a credit card, making terrible decisions, if you don't have a credit card ??

Hopefully y'all compensate by writing bad checks.

Yes, about this.. your cheque bounced 😒
  • tmanfive
    Options

I have a hard time expressing things and it only makes sense in my head. I'm sorry if I confused anyone 😕

Ya ain’t got nothing to be sorry about. It’s all good. 🤗
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I opened my first line of credit a year or so ago. I haven’t even touched it. It just looks like a bill to me so I don't use it. But I feel dumb being this far in the game with no credit, well, now a little bit. I greatly fear debts of any kind.
  • tmanfive
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Da Fahq? I got a grouchy face for trying to be kind and smooth things over?

Another badge of honor I guess. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • tmanfive
    Options
    I opened my first line of credit a year or so ago. I haven’t even touched it. It just looks like a bill to me so I don't use it. But I feel dumb being this far in the game with no credit, well, now a little bit. I greatly fear debts of any kind.

Credit isn’t bad if you’re smart about it.

There are people much smarter than I who can expand on that.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Simple. Just use it for one thing you aren’t tempted to overspend on. Like car gas. That’s it. If you get paid once a month, pay your monthly average the day you get paid, not when you get the bill. Builds your credit. Doesn’t hurt. If and when you do well, add oil changes. Not gonna be tempted to overspend on that. Baby steps. If you don’t handle it, back up, start again. But only if you can get a free credit card. Don’t pay them for letting them use your money. Pay in full every month. Don’t pay interest.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options

I worked at a department store as a high schooler and even a few years after. The only way to get the store discount was to use their credit card. When you were under 18 you only had a $1 limit. So you would figure out the discounted cost and prepay for it on the card. Once you turned 18 they would increase it. Gradually up to $1000. That was a lot of debt to me😂 But man….clothes and shoes and makeup felt like a necessity at that time. I’ve had a few credit cards since but not for probably 12 years.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,561 Member
    Options
    I have never paid for a massage.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’ve never paid for a massage either. The free ones I’ve gotten? You know what they say, you get what you pay for.
  • rtiwariops
    rtiwariops Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a fitness enthusiast and a sportsperson - Love Skiing, biking, swimming, running ..etc. I am also a horror / suspense movie buff
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I don't own any credit cards. I dont like to live beyond my means. There has been a time or two where life has hit me hard and I could of benefited from one, but I managed without one in the end.

Does that mean you're an Amazon virgin?
    I couldn't survive without Amazon. It's like air to me.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

I know a couple family members who have owed sooo much on credit cards that it's truly scary. :( We do have one that we use most of the time due to getting rewards but we pay it off every month. Cannot imagine people who are paying the minimum required on thousands of dollars. :(