Get to goal weight in 2019

Options
hixa30
hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
This challenge is simple! Get to goal weight in 2019. It's been 6 years since I was at goal weight, I want 2019 to be the year.

Join me with your hopes and dreams, struggles and successes. Post as often as you want, daily or weekly is fine.

Replies

• nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Would love to join!
  • Harleyandella
    Harleyandella Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I need today to get the right mindset going :-) would love to join in!
  • hixa30
    Options
    Thanks for joining the two of you, here's how I'm going:

Weight (kg)
    W01 87.0

Food (kJ)
    W01 7355, 9060

Exercise (approx)
    W01 565 kJ

Expected to reach goal weight in second half of 2019

Food to not purchase in 2019:
    Pizza (last bought 26 Dec 18), soft drink (26 Dec 18), chocolate (31 Dec 18), beer (31 Dec 18), ice cream (29 Dec 18)
  • Lovemy3dogs72
    Lovemy3dogs72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How might I join? I don’t see a join button. Do I need a link?
  • staregan
    staregan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do I click the join button? I’d like to join.
  • hixa30
    Options
    You don't need to click any links, just start posting. Tell us how you're going.
  • hixa30
    Options
    Goal weight 66 kg

Weight
    W01 87.0 kg

Food (kJ)
    W01 7355, 9060, 10371

Exercise (kJ, approx)
    W01 565, 570, 575

Pizza (last bought 26 Dec 18), soft drink (26 Dec 18), chocolate (31 Dec 18), beer (31 Dec 18), ice cream (29 Dec 18)
  • anngarnerjones
    anngarnerjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join
  • Lenpayasa
    Lenpayasa Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in. My goal weight has shifted because I never got there so I will try for a new goal weight.
  • hixa30
    Options
    Goal weight 66 kg

Weight
    W01 87.0 kg

Food (kJ)
    W01 7355, 9060, 10371, 9563, 9457

Exercise (kJ, approx)
    W01 565, 570, 575, 580, 585, 590

Pizza (last bought 26 Dec 18), soft drink (26 Dec 18), chocolate (4 Jan 19), beer (31 Dec 18), ice cream (29 Dec 18)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Count me in!

Start Weight: 198.6 lbs (90.3kg)
    Goal Weight= 160lbs (72.7kg) ... maybe lower when I get there but this feels right for now
    Goal Date= July 2019

I am glad that I found this post because this will give me the accountability that I need. I am not sure if my goal is realistic or not but it sounds good. I am shooting for 1.5 lbs per week. My weigh in day will be on Fridays. I am 48 and have 2 kids (boy-11, girl-9). I work full-time and chauffeur the kids to appointments and after-school activities 6 days/ week. My goal this month is to make time for myself and get in some exercise which I have been seriously lacking. My plan is to go to the gym while my daughter is in dance class and to walk during my lunch break. I need to get back into the habit of logging every meal and snack. For the first week, that will be my number one goal.
  • azkunk
    Options
    Official weigh-in today and I was 196.3 which is down 2.3 since 1/1. I know it’s just water weight and will slow down but I’ll take it!

I got an Apple Watch for Christmas and it’s really keeping me motivated. I even set up a challenge with my sister in California for a little extra motivation
  • 57witch82
    57witch82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My current weight is 210. My goal weight is 150. I am 5’6”. That is my goal for the entire 2019. I would like to be happy with my body by this time next year. I have gained 50 pounds over 4 years. This kind of slow gain has made it easy for me to right it off and ignore it. I’m done ignoring it. I want to be happy with my body again. Unfortunately I have a very busy but sedentary job. Finding time to work out will be hard. And I’m honestly not sure where to start. I also need to change my eating habits. Any ideas of what to do at the gym for the most affective workouts? Any simple meal ideas?
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want 2019 to be the year I reach my goal weight. I came within 7 lbs a couple of years ago, but then started gaining. I'm now about 45 lbs away from my goal weight.

Starting Weight - 188.8 lbs
    Goal Weight - 145 lbs

I weight in on Wednesdays, so I'll update then.

I've committed to a 6-week Cross Train to 5k program that works out 4-5 times a week. I've completed 3 of the workouts so far this week :smile:

I used to run quite consistently and averaged about 33 minutes for a 5k. I'd like to start running regularly again and eventually work up to a 10k, so that's my fitness goal for this year.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Great way to keep myself motivated! Thanks for the challenge! I am 5'4", 169.5 lbs on 1st Jan 2019. My goal weight is 145 lbs I.e. -24 lbs which I will achieve in 2019. Would look forward to reading posts of all folks and will share my journey also. o:):)
    Just today 1.5 lbs gone and 22.5 lbs to lose. :)
  • azkunk
    Options
    57witch82 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Any ideas of what to do at the gym for the most affective workouts? Any simple meal ideas?

I too have a sedentary job. If not in meetings, I walk at lunch and taking a quick 5 min walk in the morning and afternoon. Also, my watch reminds me to stand every hour. When I get the remind I will do a minute of exercise like squats, arm circles, high knees , etc.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello everybody, I'm 41, married with two kids and work full time. I bought myself a Fitbit for losing the first 50 pounds. I love it and the motivation it gives me. I am so excited to reach my goal weight and weigh half of what I did when i started this journey last year.

SW ~ 270.8 lbs
    CW ~ 186.6 lbs 12/31/18
    GW ~ 135.4 lbs

Intake 1250 calories or less daily.
    Exercise 4-5 times a week for 90 mins.
    Burn 2200 calories 4-5 times a week.

My official weigh days are Monday
  • RNYKimmerz
    RNYKimmerz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

Hi, everyone! I'm turning 40 in March. I'm engaged to be married, though we haven't chosen our wedding date as of yet. I've got an 8 year old daughter who keeps me pretty busy, but I'm lucky to get to be a stay at home mom. I got an Apple Watch a little less than a year ago and was SUPER excited to use it for the first several months and then kind of forgot about all the awesome things it tracks... In the last two years I have gained around 50 pounds and slowed WAY down on going to my beloved Jazzercise classes (I used to go to 5+ classes a week, and yesterday was the 1st class I've been to since September). I also developed a strong addiction to sugar and late night snacking/all day grazing. Needless to say, I'm working hard to break a lot of bad habits!

SW: 221.5 (Wednesday, January 2, 2019)
    CW: 220.0 (Today, for tracking purposes, though I'll keep Wednesday as my weigh in date)
    GW: 150

Planned intake of 1350 calories per day.
    Planned on purpose exercise: 1 hour Jazzercise class 3x a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
    Daily step goal: 15,000
    I'm going to try a Keto meal plan to see what I think of that for the next month...
  • jolindawendyevans
    jolindawendyevans Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    What type of meals are you making? I'm new to keto and all things ketosis. Looking for resources. 😀