Just ate an entire bag of broccoli

I’ve been super hungry and today was super stressful.. but I didn’t want to turn to anything fattening, so I just polished off an entire big bag of broccoli florets. Will this cause me to bloat or gain weight? Or should it just go right through me?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2018
    Given the other replies I'll suggest you follow their advice.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    You won't gain weight!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    I’d sit back, think about what caused the high stress of today and journal other options (other than eating), to help minimize and bring the anxiety down.

*cardio (I like this due to learning to catch a groove, having to get your breathing just right)
    * take deep breathes in and out, count to ten.
    * Soak in a bath
    * Take a walk
    * Listen to music
    * Journal
    * Download and insight timer app on your phone, listen to meditation relaxation exercises.
    * Read
    *call a friend
    *gain a hobby
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    I’ve been super hungry and today was super stressful.. but I didn’t want to turn to anything fattening, so I just polished off an entire big bag of broccoli florets. Will this cause me to bloat or gain weight? Or should it just go right through me?

I doubt anything will happen long term from a bunch of broccoli.
    Did you log it? Did you eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance calories?
    Did you dump salt or butter all over your broccoli?
    Were you super hungry because you have been very restrictive or eating too low calorie lately?

Maybe work on your coping tools instead of using food for stress management in future.