Any others trying the 16:8 fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• cassie_beth93
    cassie_beth93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Cassie and I am 25, overweight and struggle immensely to lose weight due to having an under active thyroid, iron deficiency and PCOS.
    I have tried for years to lose weight, up and down, up and down and always end up back where I started. It’s so incredibly down putting and heartbreaking when you want to change, you try everything to make that change happen and you get no where. 😔
    For 2019 I have decided to try my fitness pal and the Keto Diet.
    I would love to have people around to help keep me on track and support each other through our journeys.
    Feel free to add me and lets help each other reach our goals!! X
  • nicolina1014
    nicolina1014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m trying the 16:8 IF plan as well, so far it’s been tough in the mornings, but coffee with stevia has helped me. :-). Best of luck!
  • jm122014
    jm122014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How has it been going? I decided to try too. I’m finding it hard to eat enough calories!!
    I also found an app I like- “BodyFast”
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    jm122014 wrote: »
    How has it been going? I decided to try too. I’m finding it hard to eat enough calories!!
    I also found an app I like- “BodyFast”

eat higher calorie foods if you arent eating enough. you have to eat enough calories to fuel your body its not healthy to undereat as Im sure you probably know.
  • mntwindan
    mntwindan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am considering the 16/8 also.
    I have a friend in Iowa who is doing it.
    I'm also experimenting with Gluten Free and am having great results;
    1. Less pain in joints.
    2. Better stomach...less IBS type issues.
    3. Quit taking fiber.
    4. Lost 2 pounds in one week.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    mntwindan wrote: »
    I am considering the 16/8 also.
    I have a friend in Iowa who is doing it.
    I'm also experimenting with Gluten Free and am having great results;
    1. Less pain in joints.
    2. Better stomach...less IBS type issues.
    3. Quit taking fiber.
    4. Lost 2 pounds in one week.

gluten free will only work if you have a gluten intolerance. and you can be tested for that but it wont make a difference for weight loss,its still about the calories. also if you have IBS issues see a dr if you havent been diagnosed with it(if you have disregard that part). its best to be tested to see what causes these issues(if you havent been tested already). many diseases/issues can mask itself as something else entirely.
  • iandjray2723
    iandjray2723 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’ve fasted on and off for years 👍
  • nazzystarxxx
    nazzystarxxx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I could eat a lot between 12 and 8 😬
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I could eat a lot between 12 and 8 😬

been there done that lol
  • jamalforrest2882
    jamalforrest2882 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    IF works a hundred percent once your body is in that calorie deficit its simple. What people need to figure out is are they eating the correct calories for an AFL aggressive Fat Loss M maintenance or LB lean bulk.. But what I've found is yes 16:8 is bang on I IF everyday and I am going around 19-20 hours and eat for about 3 hours. I eat potatoes in every form possible as I feel rice at times makes me hungry later but I eat what I want within reason I enjoy good good pizza, burgers everything and I've lost 9lbs with limited effort but now the real.journey behind with this app as I can correctly track my calories it says I can eat up to 2600 cals but I'm going AFL first so my calorie intake maximum will be about 1800 - 2000. The correct combination of foods will allow good some delicious recipes and satisfying feeling of being full
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    IF works a hundred percent once your body is in that calorie deficit its simple. What people need to figure out is are they eating the correct calories for an AFL aggressive Fat Loss M maintenance or LB lean bulk.. But what I've found is yes 16:8 is bang on I IF everyday and I am going around 19-20 hours and eat for about 3 hours. I eat potatoes in every form possible as I feel rice at times makes me hungry later but I eat what I want within reason I enjoy good good pizza, burgers everything and I've lost 9lbs with limited effort but now the real.journey behind with this app as I can correctly track my calories it says I can eat up to 2600 cals but I'm going AFL first so my calorie intake maximum will be about 1800 - 2000. The correct combination of foods will allow good some delicious recipes and satisfying feeling of being full

your body can only burn so much fat a day in a deficit. if you are losing fat aggressively then you are losing lean mass/muscle if you are losing weight too fast. too big of a deficit will do you NO favors and you may see your performance in your workouts suffer as well as possible health issues cropping up.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Is this a good idea if I want to put on muscle? Does meal timing matter that much in a lean bulk or bulking?