Are you okay being a little overweight

Options
Or would you rather go all the way and get to a “normal” BMI? Right now I’m a little overweight, and I’m wondering how detrimental it is to be staying at this spot. It makes me uncomfortable being in this limbo - I’d love to get to a “normal” healthy weight for my peace of mind, but it’s like my body is resisting any weight loss beyond this point.

Replies

• Go4health9
    Go4health9 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Are you soly using the BMI as an indicator of what you want your weight to be and what is considered healthy? If so I highly encourage you to focus more on how you are feeling mentally+physically, what your doctor and/or another profession says and take steps to become healthy, not just thinner.
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Listen to your treatment team they can offer you better advice than we can
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My short answer is, yes, I'm fine with it. I trust my body to tell me when I have lost all the weight I am meant to. I'm pushing 40, so I'm sure I'm not going to be the size I was at 20. That's just life, and I will accept it, but keep trying to be as healthy as I can.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    Or would you rather go all the way and get to a “normal” BMI? Right now I’m a little overweight, and I’m wondering how detrimental it is to be staying at this spot. It makes me uncomfortable being in this limbo - I’d love to get to a “normal” healthy weight for my peace of mind, but it’s like my body is resisting any weight loss beyond this point.

My body feels uncomfortable when I'm overweight. Even when I wasn't weighing, I just suddenly knew when I was way over. At a certain point I can simply "feel" it. Then I jump into action.