Tired every day but getting decent sleep?

Options
13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Talking to your doc, as you say you plan, is the right answer. Don't let us internet amateurs play like diagnosticians and tell you what the problem is.

Comprehensive blood tests and other medical work-up are the right idea. It could be one of the things people here have mentioned . . . or not. No one mentioned sleep disorder; that's another possible one.

+1 to doctor.

Definitely the doc with blood work should be your first step. Please do not supplement with iron before you know if that is the issue. Don't play the guessing game because you could end up adding another issue to your problem. If you are not iron deficient & start supplementing, the excess will store in your organs rather than flush out of your body if you don't need it.

I was anemic years ago & took a natural source iron rather than medical-grade high dose supplements and the reason is that your body can only process so much iron & what doesn't get processed stores in other parts of your body. Plus it will constipate you...not good!! Anyway, if iron deficiency is your problem, please look into the source of supplementation. Just food for thought.

Yes, iron supplementation should indeed be done as part of blood work, not guess work.

And I had the same experience with the two forms of iron my doctor prescribed.

I'm taking https://smile.amazon.com/Solgar-Gentle-Iron-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B00013Z0QA/ now - no constipation.
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    jean133mjg wrote: »
    I know it seems to be the new thing to go gluten free, but in my daughter's case, her brain fog and exhaustion and stomach issues were truly from a gluten sensitivity. When she stopped eating gluten, all of her symptoms disappeared. She went quite awhile eating gluten free and then decided to eat it for a day to see what would happen. Sure enough, the brain fog, stomach issues and exhaustion returned. Gluten issues are real for certain people. It may be something to think about for yourself. Give it a couple weeks or so without gluten and see if there is a difference in your symptoms. For those that are not gluten sensitive or have celiac, going gluten free will not do anything for them, but if you have an issue, it will make a big difference. It runs in our family unfortunately. Good luck.
    Similar happened to my daughter. She has Hashimoto's and got off gluten and her antibodies went down on her blood test. I see that seven people gave you a "woo." That's disappointing, but seems to be a standard around here. Very few people are willing to think outside the box here even if there things like blood tests to prove the point.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes, while it’s normal that I may have 1 or 2 days out of the week I feel tired or sluggish it’s definitely not normal for me to feel this tired every day of the week. Or to this extreme.
    Most weeks I only have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and occasionally a cup in the afternoon but never do I feel like I need 3 or 4 cups just to get though the day

One or two days a week like this should not be your normal.

Could be thyroid. Could be your deficit is too big. Could be low iron, vitamin D, B vitamins. Could be your sleep isn’t as good as you think—just because you don’t remember waking up doesn’t mean you’re getting the quality of rest you need.

Yup—see a doctor.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have you had your eyesight tested recently? Sometimes when you have a sight problem,even a minor one, your eyes have to "work harder" than usual to compensate for it, and it leads to you being tired for all this extra effort you aren't even noticing.
  • Lovelifeyoulive
    Lovelifeyoulive Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I took a diet break in oct for about a month.
    I currently eat anywhere from 1200-1400 calories a day. I have been staying closer to 1200 because I was really trying to amp up my weight loss.
    I only work out twice a week and I don’t eat those back.
    I really don’t want to take a break because I just took one in oct.. and I haven’t lost a lot sense oct.
    I will book a appointment with my doctor.

Have you noticed any hair loss from eating at 1200/1400?
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    When I had this happen I had to cut down the coffee and it made a huge difference.
  • gore_caitlin
    gore_caitlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? When I feel this way I notice I usually feel so much better almost immediately if I drink plenty of water