Needs to stop quitting! 2019 will be my year who is with me?

Options
It is time to quit quitting for me, I have been using mfp on and off now for about 6 years. I cant do it anymore and some friends in my boat would be nice. Try to keep each other on track and motivate on the bad days.

A little bit about myself:

I am 27 years of age from Canada. I weigh 267 pounds and I am 5'1 in height, and I am absolutely horrified by this fact. I am a night eater which is the worst I over eat to the point I could honestly bust. So my goal is to get overall healthier. Change my lifestyle.

Replies

• tmktmk2008
    tmktmk2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a night eater as well. I am also 5'1 . This time when I started my new healthier eating habits I was at 167. I've lost 30 points since May. I love food. I seriously had to make better food choices. The more I did the easier it was. Good luck its hard but you can do it
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    tmktmk2008 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm a night eater as well. I am also 5'1 . This time when I started my new healthier eating habits I was at 167. I've lost 30 points since May. I love food. I seriously had to make better food choices. The more I did the easier it was. Good luck its hard but you can do it

thanks, and congrats on the weight loss!!! I got my fiance in my court this time. He is going to help me with the night time over eating and to remind me of my goals!
  • Wishing_4_Wings
    Wishing_4_Wings Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also 27 years, 220ish pounds (fluctuate between 220 and 230)
    5"2' in the US. It says I've been a member since 2012, I've been more off then on, unfortunately.
    The goal is to inch toward 160 (about 63 pounds). Trying new routes and trackers to help get me there.
    We can do this! #2019Goal
  • timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Very similar and excited for 2019. I am 280lbs and 5’7” and my ultimate goal is 180. We can do this!
  • FindingPositiveMetamorphosis
    Options
    I'm 36 years old. I'm looking to lose a little over 40 lbs. My goal weight is 128
  • FindingPositiveMetamorphosis
    Options
    Oh and I'm 5'2
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm ready to not let past failures continue to ruin my future. In WW, people who struggled with nighttime eating tried starting tracking your calories with dinner then breakfast lunch of the following day instead of breakfast lunch dinner. Might help?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10713956/ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac-january-2019#latest is a great month-by-month way to build up self-awareness and accountability habits.

Take a read of the descriptions and testimonials, and follow the link there to join the group if it looks like it would suit. It can work for ANY activity level or type, personal eating plan, and where you are in your journey (barely beginning through keeping on track for maintenance).

You will never be "out of the challenge" As will be explained in the FAQs at this link, if you "use all 3 of your passes" your name won't be on the virtual Winner's Circle for the month, but you WILL be supported and encouraged to carry on with practicing the accountability steps. Those that keep on reports and try again the next month are the true winners of this challenge. I have just finished my 3rd month, and will be back there again in January. Hope to see some of you there.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    By the way, if this thread evolves into an ongoing mutual support thread, FANTACTIC! The link I posted can complement other mutual support efforts. I am also in more than one group.
  • formerranger
    formerranger Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started a new job in Feb 2017. It was said most people gain about 30 lbs in the first year. I lost over 40. I was well on track until June of this year. Back injury threw me a curve. No training for 3 months. Gained about 20 lb back, back to the gym in September and well on to recovery. Holloween morning, threw out the back again warmng up with deadlifts. I am back in the gym again as of last week. My company has a biggest loser competition after the holidays. We start on January 07. I plan to win this year. Then I will begin my building effort. The plan is to compete in 2020 in an over 55 class bodybuilding competition. I look forward to working with anyone willing to give support and receive support from me.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    So what are you going to do differently this time that you did not do before? Consider getting a seperate wellness coach or friends in the physical world also - vice virtual to help keep you accountable.
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Within the last month I turned 30, had baby #4, and now weight 177 pounds. I'm only 5'3" and hoping to go down to 135. I am technically still out on maternity leave and I eat when I'm bored, which is all the time. Oh this is going to be hard. But I've done it before and I can do it again! Who's with me?
  • Jays_Lines
    Jays_Lines Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Looking for friends too.

I'm 5'3 and currently 165lbs. When I originally started I was 230lbs. I dropped down to a very fit 140lbs with calorie counting, macro balancing, and rigorous excersise 4 days a week.

With a lot of stress from my old job, I gained back to 170lbs over the last year.

I started working to stop the weight gain in its tracks about 4 months ago. I lift heavy weights and workout more than I did before so I lost fat and gained muscle. I'm looking to return to an even more fit 140lbs! Let's do this!
  • atheistred89
    atheistred89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We're the same height it looks like. I started last Christmas at 240 pounds and as if yesterday I'm 188. Pretty much the only thing I changed was tracking how much I was eating and cutting calories. I also changed what I was eating to focus on getting a good amount of protein in my diet. Within the past few months I've started moving around more (now that I can).

Starting to incorporate more intentional exercise as of this past week or so. We got this!
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m with you, 2019 is our year! Feel free to add me all
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I’m ready! I’m the same height as you and currently weigh 182, which is the most I’ve ever weighed. Time to get serious and make a change!
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments everyone :)

I plan on cutting my portion sizes and I've gotten a note book for logging everything along with the app. I'm more determined then ever. If anyone wants to add me as a friend go right ahead
  • CWEBB4LIFE
    CWEBB4LIFE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been here a lot of times myself. I have done this and quit . I get overwhelmed with the logging. I have cize from beachbody so I have containers for portion control and I have ordered me a lunchbox so i can meal prep for when i leave the house. I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours I feel like I need friends to keep me on track