Broken antenna?
    No Problem!
    Solution?
    WIRE HANGER &/OR TIN FOIL!
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Back in my day, kids weren't wusses. We settled our differences with our fists, not with weapons.
  • quettabird
    quettabird Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    we recited the Pledge of Allegiance with hands over our hearts
  • ShawtyShawt
    ShawtyShawt Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    quettabird wrote: »
    we recited the Pledge of Allegiance with hands over our hearts

Parents made us get home before the street lights were were on!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    We had to listen to Casey Kasem to hear the lastest songs
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    All the kids in the neighborhood were 'allowed' to run around the neighborhood at night playing 'kick the can'
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    we had to go to a library and look through books and magazines to do research

there was no printer, there was carbon copy paper
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    All the kids in the neighborhood were 'allowed' to run around the neighborhood at night playing 'kick the can'

Oh! Kick the can! I loved that game. All the kids would get together and play it. And hide and seek and Cops and Robbers, etc., etc. I hardly ever see kids outside playing anymore unless a parent is right there with them. :(
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We did research by looking it up in the set of Encyclopedia Britannica books my family got for Christmas. (Worst Christmas ever.)
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, I never thought I'd get old enough to enjoy things starting with 'back in my day' but here we are!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, we had to walk 15 miles to school. Up hill. Each way. In the snow. Fighting off bears.

My parents claim to have done this barefooted.
    I went to the same high school they did and can count on my fingers the number of times there was snow that actually stuck and coated the ground while I was in high school, so it must've been a LOT colder in Alabama while they were in high school if they walked barefooted on the snow to school EVERY day.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, my grandmother watched me and my cousins in the summer. We played Red Rover and for the most part were not allowed inside on pretty days except for lunch time.
  • minniemouse45m4333
    minniemouse45m4333 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Back in my day if your friend wanted to find you they looked outside for you, not calling you on a cell phone!
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    back in my day, we'd leave the cabin first thing in the morning and come home before it got dark. nobody monitored or *helicopter* parented us. we'd go swimming in the lake on our own without anyone supervising us. we'd sometimes get lost going on hikes but we knew we'd find our way back. we drank from the water hose outside instead of coming into the house. you knocked on someone's front door to see if they could come out and play. it was a great time to be a child :)
  • ShawtyShawt
    ShawtyShawt Posts: 2,540 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Back in my day, out-of-wedlock girls were sent away to live with relatives. Although it was understood why, it was still hurtful.