anxiety issues

Options
2»

Replies

• Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I didn't state at any time that the people here were pressuring the OP to take pills. I was pressured through my doctor and they didn't talk about the side effects or the withdraw symptoms. Perhaps assuming isn't the right direction to go in any conversation.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about assumptions. Which is to say - yes I agree, assumptions were made all around and it's not especially useful. I try not to make the really big ones (or the ones that, for me, are big) but I'm not perfect.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    Ok I have noticed when stepping foot in a gym I pour sweat, problem solving was getting a little gym in basement.

I noticed when I have short meeting at work and I sweat more then normal.

I try not to think about it, since that probably doesn't help, any ideas

Look up exposure therapy. Slowly allow yourself more and more time in the gym exposing yourself to the things that trigger your anxiety. Don't expect it to just disappear magically, it will take work and slowly dissipate the more you are exposed to the anxiety and find out that its not a bad thing to be in the gym.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Well I gonna see how it all plays out, start with stop drinking, and lower caffeine, also losing weight may help as this triggers it something, just over thinking
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Therapy and medication definitely seem to help me with my mental illnesses - anxiety being one of them. Make sure you are working on your coping skills, and start out slow. Obviously it is going to depend on the situation, but when possible I ease myself into things. As far as the gym goes - maybe try using it during a time when it is slow? We have 24 hr gyms here, and I prefer to go at like midnight, because I'm pretty much alone.

Best of luck, I know how horrid anxiety is. I hope it gets better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    Ok I have noticed when stepping foot in a gym I pour sweat, problem solving was getting a little gym in basement.

I noticed when I have short meeting at work and I sweat more then normal.

I try not to think about it, since that probably doesn't help, any ideas

I have afternoon meetings twice a week and make sure I get in some cardio or weight lifting beforehand so I am nice and mellow going into the meeting.

I have some social anxiety and hate crowded gyms, so I would join ones that are less crowded to start with and then go the hour before close when they are emptying out. (I'm currently working out at home.)