At calorie max early in the day

Options
I’m already at 1,500 calories for the day. It’s all healthy and I’m at 40 carbs for the day. Anyone get depressed when they are almost at their max for the day?

Replies

• kellyjfenn
    kellyjfenn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My work day starts early at 6am, so It’s always a challenge to spread out the calories. Most days do well. I had 2 slices of Califlower pizza for lunch , that’s what made my calories go way up. I’m just going to take a nap till it’s time to hit the gym tonight
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oh I misread the thread as “at cardio max early in the day”, you could try running first thing in the morning instead next time? Extra calories to eat for breakfast ? You could also try pre planning the week so surprises like this don’t happen next time?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    kellyjfenn wrote: »
    I’m already at 1,500 calories for the day. It’s all healthy and I’m at 40 carbs for the day. Anyone get depressed when they are almost at their max for the day?

My breakfasts and dinners are on the lighter side. Where I run into trouble is if I make something new for dinner and eat it without prelogging to see how much I should eat for the calories I have left. If I fail to do this, it just serves as a reminder of the importance of taking the time to pre-log new foods.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Are you just starting out?

Try reading this thread to keep this in perspective and to learn how to, well, learn from this. Just log what you've eaten today, don't stress about sticking to your calorie goal so much that you lose sight of the big picture here. Eat lightly tonight, but not so lightly that you'll be hungry tomorrow.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks to some impromptu cake I have like 320 cals left for the day. I'll probably take a walk or something before it gets dark but I'm still looking at a light dinner!
  • kellyjfenn
    Options
    No, I’m not just starting out. Been doing it for 3 years. I’m just trying to get back on track from the holidays
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Depressed? No. A little twinge of feeling discouraged sometimes, but the advice here is solid. I also try really hard to remember that being over my daily goal (750-1000 deficit) is NOT the same thing as being over maintenance.

Maybe I eat more than I'd intended but the end result is just a smaller deficit. Maybe I eat at maintenance and negate my progress for a day. Maybe I eat OVER maintenance for a day. Oh well. That's life for ya sometimes. Getting off track, a little or a lot, for a single day won't undo all of your hard work.

If you run into this problem a lot I'd say it's a sign that your current plan isn't working out for you and it's time to reevaluate what you've been trying to do. I've had to do that myself at least once and I'm still making gradual changes to my meal plans so I can more easily stay within my food budget.
  • kellyjfenn
    Options
    Ha depressed is key word. I think I’m feeling depressed right now and it has nothing to do with calories. I’m typically on point with my plan for the day.
  • hmkiesel
    hmkiesel Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    it happens to me sometimes. Some days I am hungry and can't stop thinking about food all day long. Especially if I'm having a boring or slow day at work. I usually just try to eat something light in the evening and if I go over my calories I'll log some of it for the next day or spread over the next couple days to force me to eat a little less and make up for it. If it's an occasional thing, don't worry about it, especially if you are still below or at your maintenance calories for the day. I have stumbled many times over the past few months eating over maintenance 2 or even 3 days in a week sometimes, and I still have managed to continue losing. Just get back on track tomorrow and don't let it get you down!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is where meal planning can help (which I’m sure you know)

But it’s only 1 day - learn lesson and move on
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Ha depressed is key word. I think I’m feeling depressed right now and it has nothing to do with calories. I’m typically on point with my plan for the day.

Yeah, it happens.