What I gained over the holidays...

Options

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I gained 8lb in December, meh, most of it is probably water weight as my long runs are all in double figures, I switched up my lifting routine so I'm lifting a little heavier and I've eaten a lot of rubbish, carb heavy food. Getting the eating under control this week then got an intensive week with my PT following a strict eating plan, will probably have dropped most of it within 10days.
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Meh. It happens. You’re not the only one. Get back on it! 💪🏼
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb in December. I worked out until Dec. 24th but I was lazy while on vacation. Not too much damage considering how many sweets I ate during Christmas week.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Looks like I gained 3pds from christmas to today. I am disappointed in not being able to limit the desserts/bedtime snack and wine more (i was "careful" but still overate). I don't do well at self control over time and while I ate properly 75% of each day, the last %25 of most days was a big fail.

Will have to figure out a plan for next year.

having said that, i'm not dwelling of feeling too sorry for myself. it is what it is. the key is to fall back into a good routine again today. and tomorrow. and the day after tomorrow....

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    About 3 Lbs from Thanksgiving through New Years. Not bad considering we had lots of yummy things and exercise was pretty irregular and some weeks non-existent.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain anything, but I didn't lose either. To be fair, I haven't been trying that hard yet. Just not in the right mindset yet. I've just been trying to move a little more and implement some healthier meals.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds :/
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    7 lbs in 19 days :(
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LaurenMT96 wrote: »
    From 22 Dec to 2nd January i gained 10lbs, down to 7lbs as of this morning... hoping by next friday it's only a real gain of around 3lbs
    Update: Now down to a 5.4lb gain, the water weight is real.
  • Violette_Qin
    Violette_Qin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Went down by 2kg during December. Gained muscles and therefore lost even more fat in the festive period.

Went training in the gym with my boyfriend both first and second day of Christmas to a beautiful nordic sunrise.

Wonderful feeling!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day, up one pound. I'm looking forward to getting back into the routine and there being a few less treats around.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    "Gained" 6lb in December....... Already down 5 of those
  • patrickaa5
    patrickaa5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, after only 5 days back on plan, all 7lbs I gained have gone away. I knew it would be almost all water weight since I was on a high sodium, carb fest for a full week. I guess now I can get back to losing some actual fat.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thought for sure I would have gained something, I even went on vacation and ate at buffets everyday and had four bowls of ice cream every night lol (not to forget all the Christmas cookies!). Came home got the flu for a week and well I guess things balanced out. Glad I ate as much as I did now!
  • klo29
    klo29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Up 8lbs here as an arthritis flare last week of November meant no exercise in all December plus I really cut loose with my eating. Disappointed in myself but back on it now and starting gentle exercise again.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,930 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What I gained over the holidays...

Rest
    Exercise
    And a little bit of sanity. :)

So I weighed in after the holiday season today ... and I've gained 300 grams. :)

After an incredibly stressful and busy year, I was able to take 2 weeks off. We travelled, we ate, we slept and rested, and we exercised.

Turns out that was a good combination. :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Gained nothing in December!
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I gained 14.6(!!!!!!!!?!!) pounds in 10 days, the majority of which days I ate at my normal deficit.

I've lost like 7.2 in the last 2 days. I hate the scale sometimes.

Here's hoping for another multipound overnight loss of water weight tonight!

*grump*