Options
2»

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    lizziequek wrote: »
    hi Allie,
    i started binge eating due to some traumatic episodes in my childhood & it has been a struggle since - as soon as I have " issues" in my life , I will go back to " binge eating " - something will trigger it . I think its learning to "condition " yourself so that you dont respond to an upsetting emotional issue by instinctively returning to the binge eating pattern of the past . Let's support each other

Yes, this is how I am too. I had to learn to turn to other comfort activities to de-stress because my instinct was to turn to food. For me, writing (of any sort), taking care of myself (like a face mask or a hot shower), and taking care of my cat (brushing, petting, playing) comfort me and distract me without forcing me to turn to food.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    @concordancia ,
    i also was put on a med (tranquiller) which besides making me zombified caused me to eat senselessly & made me put on so much weight ! previously, i was slim as I exercise daily. I stopped taking the med & find myself feeling better & have been slowly losing weight .Can you change your med / reduce the dosage if you are having an adverse reaction ?

glad to know yoga is helping you like its helping me .
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    @lizziequek , I stopped the med last week, but it isn't out of my system yet. I am a bit concerned that it will finally wear off and I will feel famished for Christmas.

One thing that yoga helped with was reframing my current calorie intake. Originally, I told my husband I was eating like an anorexic, now I say like a bariatric patient, which, technically, I am.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    @concordancia ,
    yes , it took a while for the med to get out of my system - i stopped on 1 november . But I started to feel better , even if only a little , fairly fast.

Go on practicing yoga! Im sure the longer you are off these meds & with family support, you 're be getting back on track !
  • sassypandabear
    sassypandabear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have binge eating problems. I'd love to friend you guys! Could always use more support. :)