Gastric Bypass!

Options
Hey Everyone,
I've recently decided to have the gastric bypass done, and I was wondering if there was anyone on here that'd like to talk about your journey!? What were you high points, and where were your low points? What were the best supplements you've tried? I'm very anxious and excited! TALK TO ME! (:

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This is a group dedicated to weight loss surgery.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23299-weight-loss-surgery-wls
  • vnovick1980
    vnovick1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, My name is Vicki and I had gastric bypass on 12/24/18. I lost 40 pounds prior to surgery. My post op stay was uneventful. I didn’t have any gas pains and did not take a single dose of pain medication after surgery. Getting up and down hurt but when being still such as sitting or sleeping was painless. I’ve also not had any nausea. I have lost an additional 10 pounds since surgery and had my diet advanced yesterday to Phase 2. I’ve had 2 tbs of cottage cheese twice and one scrambled egg. I haven’t had any hunger since surgery and overall I have had an excellent experience. My highest weight was 331 and currently at 281. I started removing slacks from my closet and it is exilierating! Please feel free to contact me. I am not an expert but I am willing to share. Good luck
  • teestars2112
    teestars2112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is terra im just starting the process to get the bipass surgery done. So far ive lost 6 lbs. In 1 month. But now i have to quit everything i love like sweets and smoking and soda. The soda is the hard one for me. What can i do to substitute soda? Ive never been a water drinker and now i have to drink 64oz a day. Thats a lot. There has to be an easyer way to drink that much water? I dont have anyone for support or to help me threw this. I really dont want to do this alone. Oh well lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is terra im just starting the process to get the bipass surgery done. So far ive lost 6 lbs. In 1 month. But now i have to quit everything i love like sweets and smoking and soda. The soda is the hard one for me. What can i do to substitute soda? Ive never been a water drinker and now i have to drink 64oz a day. Thats a lot. There has to be an easyer way to drink that much water? I dont have anyone for support or to help me threw this. I really dont want to do this alone. Oh well lol

Do you like tea, hot or iced? Or the water enhancers like Mio?
  • mom2maiyah
    mom2maiyah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am having my RNY on Monday 1/7/19. I am 34 years old and weigh 255 lbs. I have many co-morbidity's so I feel this is the best choice for me. I carry most of my weight in my stomach, probably 50% of my fat. I am nervous my liver is going to be too big. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    mom2maiyah wrote: »
    I am having my RNY on Monday 1/7/19. I am 34 years old and weigh 255 lbs. I have many co-morbidity's so I feel this is the best choice for me. I carry most of my weight in my stomach, probably 50% of my fat. I am nervous my liver is going to be too big. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Your ore-surgeey diet is designed to help your liver shrink follow it faithfully! It's very important. Our livers are amazing.

I had my RNY gastric bypass on 1/2/ and ended up needing not only a umbilical hernia repair, but also one in my diaphragm area and a little pocket closed in my intestine. It made more work for the doctor, but I don't have much pain unless the cat bypasses the stomach pillow. She's doing pretty well no nausea, but I sure can't drink much at a time and taking all my meds is a major pain!
  • CrazyLife3Kids
    CrazyLife3Kids Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had Gastric Sleeve Surgery in April of 2016. I lost 80 pounds. I maintained for 2 years. 6 months ago, I started slowly gaining. As of Jan 1, I was up 25 pounds from my lowest weight. I’m back on MFP to track and drop what I gained. Sleeve surgery absolutely changed my life. I would do it again. Just know, it’s not a fix all. It’s definitely work. I HATE when people say surgery is the easy way out. It’s a tool. I’m back to using mine and have dropped 3 pounds of what I gained back. Hopefully by summer, I’ll be back to my goal weight. Good luck on your journey!