New & starting keto.. 50lbs to go

Options
akev85
akev85 Posts: 4 Member
I'm new to this and trying to figure it out. I decided to start keto this year(as in tomorrow) and hoping to lose 50lbs this year and change my eating for good. I've lost the same lbs over and over and over, this is the year I lose them for good. Any one on the same jorney or any insight or who wants to do this together, that would be awesome. Thanks

Replies

• Nowa789
    Nowa789 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am planning to start my keto journey today as well. Hoping to drop about 40# this year.

Best of luck!
  • kristydenee79
    kristydenee79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started Keto on Saturday. Want to lose about 100 lbs.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I hover on the line of Keto and just low-carb as that is where I feel my best. I followed this until a couple years ago when things spiraled out of control. Back on this year with a goal of 100lbs lost.

Feel free to add me.
  • robinpurcell1
    robinpurcell1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting Keto tomorrow! Same story, gained/lost same weight over & over. Only success I’ve ever really had was on Keto...so here I am! Mom of 3 (17,15,&7). Need to do this to keep up with my 7 yr old & enjoy him more!
    Friend me so we can be Keto buddies...
  • lhs7134
    lhs7134 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Keto on 2nd jan and today weighed in 7lbs lighter! I’m full of energy, feeling so motivated and focused, not just physically but mentally too. I’m also full up all the time and have had no cravings. I’ve also given up alcohol so that is probably contributing as well!
  • Donna0779
    Donna0779 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here! Cutting alcohol out is definitely key - wasted carbs and (if you drink wine like me) too much sugar.
  • lsierra601
    lsierra601 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lizn7 wrote: »
    Hi, I am planning to start my keto journey today as well. Hoping to drop about 40# this year.

Best of luck!
    Lizn7 wrote: »

Best of luck!

• lsierra601
    lsierra601 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Started today. Also on the 40lb goal. Did pretty good. Went a little over my calories by 166 and a little off my macros but stuck to healthy foods, no added sugars and more water. Its a learning process. Need to get some daily meal plans figured out. FYI Adding a pinch of Himalyan salt to my water in the afternoon helped to curb the 3:00 snack cravings.
  • docjess2015
    docjess2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto today, too. I want to lose around 60 pounds this year. I lost 20 last year on Weight Watchers, but my weight loss stalled despite sticking to the plan. My doctor recommended I try Keto. How many daily net carbs are you doing?
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started keto day after new year for the second time. I have about 60 to 70lbs to lose. I love it