Keto

wemery70
wemery70 Posts: 1 Member
Started keto today! Looking for support and any help and suggestions any body might have. Doing it for healing purposes so in it for the long haul. Feeling overwhelmed!

Replies

• bryantbriana8
    bryantbriana8 Posts: 1 Member
    I started keto today as well. First day is going well !!
  • Kaddygirl20
    Kaddygirl20 Posts: 5 Member
    I am trying...I live alone so I can do strange combinations and it is sort of fun. I had a hard boiled egg and then ate steamed broccoli. It's weird...but wasn't a bad breakfast...with a little bit of butter. Just be open minded and not set on what you think a breakfast or dinner should be.
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Started last monday. Feel free to add me :)
  • BridgetDubose
    BridgetDubose Posts: 1 Member
    I started Keto yesterday! I’m hoping I can stick with it for at least 2 months!
  • KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    I am seriously looking into starting this! I have cut down ALOT of my carbs (asside from over xmas - now back on track) all pasta and white potatoe (might do rice once a week or sweet potatoe every second week) and cut out all the breads and muffins and bagels i use to have for breakfast. I still just dont know if im head strong enough to cut out all my weekend cheat snacks and sat night drinks. I heard you can have that one cheat day you might just not lose as fast or through yourself off routine. I love reading the results of how much people lost and would love to lose that much as well! I think I have alot more research to do as far as the small details of what I can actually have so im not adding extra fat to my diet but doing it wrong so im not in ketosis and just gain more weight..
  • Ssthrnbby88
    Ssthrnbby88 Posts: 13 Member
    mrve8aqbe8al.png

Snack foods: I always keep cucumber on hand!!
    And jack links.
    Occasionally I will have a can of mixed nuts and dried cranberries.

You can have a few berries but don’t over to it. :)

I enjoy lettuce wraps, and a meat loaded Omlet is never a bag idea! Add some cheese and avocado!!
  • missllaauurraa
    missllaauurraa Posts: 6 Member
    Read lables, carbs are hidden everywhere, not just the obvious sources.
  • afeathers23
    afeathers23 Posts: 1 Member
    I started Keto on Monday. It’s now Friday and I’ve lost two pounds so far. However I have to be careful. I’m still making sure I’m consuming at least 1200 calories because I’m still breast feeding my little one. I use this app to watch all my meals but I would really like some easy recipe ideas. I haven’t been able to stay below 50 grams of carbs. It’s normally around 70 grams which I know is too much. Again I’ve only been doing it for 5 days so maybe it will get easier.

Some easy dinner recipes would be greatly appreciated.
  • cv_quesada
    cv_quesada Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I started keto on Thursday of last week and have lost 5 pounds . I am still trying to get use to all the different things I can and can not eat but have been feeling really good for just one week. I have been sleeping better and feel well all around . Even after I eat I feel full but not bloated as I use to feel when I would just eat whatever. I hope to be able to make it long enough to loose all my weight .
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've been on Keto on and off for a while and have some great results when I stay committed. I also found some good recipes and info on www.dietdoctor .com which has the best bread recipe I've found to date and super easy.

Also feel free to add.
  • smithbls163
    smithbls163 Posts: 3 Member
    Keto connect on YouTube and wholesomeyum.com have some great recipes and info. This is a diet I absolutely need to prep on or I'll end up going over on carbs. Feel free to add me if you want to help keep each other motivated.
  • candace12321044
    candace12321044 Posts: 1 Member
    My husband and I went a little further and decided to do Paleo. We found it easier once we got rid of the diary, grains, and processed food. It took a good week or so before our brains stopped craving some of these items. For me, diary, I loved cheese. Yes, loved. Now though. Not into it.
    Good luck with your Keto. Our daughter in law lost over 100lbs on this way of eating.