Options
Trying to decide?

0ntrtlef7svx.jpg

:)o:)

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I like my calories later vs earlier. I guess I practice unintentional intermittent fasting,
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I like my calories later vs earlier. I guess I practice unintentional intermittent fasting,

Me too as I think of it now.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Timely thread OP! I don't see mine on the list--IIFYM. For newcomers it means: if it fits your macros. I calorie count.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Timely thread OP! I don't see mine on the list--IIFYM. For newcomers it means: if it fits your macros. I calorie count.

I do this as well. Most newbies are looking for the fad stuff, though. (And I didn't make the graphic. ;) )

I know hon. You're the best!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Lol... I skipped over this thread several times (not noting the author) thinking it was just another person soliciting opinions... the opposite of click-bait ;)

Your "warning to women who lift" got me though... thought it was going to be like the one where the guy ended up with sepsis from the gym :(
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF for 14 days now, and am down 13 pounds - I have been doing the 16:8 or 18:6 fast, and then watching what I eat during my eating window. If you skip breakfast normally, I would recommend it! I feel better, more clear headed and I can see the weight starting to come off my mid-section!

Some of that is water weight, but you must still be way under-eating during your calorie window. :(
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    You left one out: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It works by creating a calorie deficit. Explicitly.

Honesty doesn't sell. Keep hoping self-promotion will wear 'em down, though. :drinker:

there you go, i was going to post that my "plan" wasn't listed ;)

Though I may fall under low fat (not sure what is considered low?) but not on purpose. (I like volume which means limiting fatty foods)

To each their own, different things work for different people. i just don't understand extreme eating methods. i have zero want or interest in them. and IF sounds like my idea of pure hell ( but i can see how it works for others haha)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296, you have to stop doing this to me!

First post- cut going well for meet weight= normal.

Second post- you ran and are thinking of doing a half- WTF-whew old post- my heart attack averted.

3rd post- title indicates you are thinking of changing your diet (this post)- infographic- whew- panic averted.

You know I’m getting old and can’t take these constant shocks. B)

Timely post BTW.

Cheers, h.

Where is this one? I need the laugh!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Always happy to oblige when laughing is involved.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1019232/nsv-distance-pr#latest

Sorry @quiksylver296.
    I’m hoping that darned dog is laughing with you, not at you.

Cheers, h.
  • xcc670
    xcc670 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is good. I had been doing low fat dieting unsuccessfully for about twenty years. I just started a lower carb eating plan.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    And, for a different viewpoint on the topic,

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/best-weight-loss-diet
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296, you have to stop doing this to me!

First post- cut going well for meet weight= normal.

Second post- you ran and are thinking of doing a half- WTF-whew old post- my heart attack averted.

3rd post- title indicates you are thinking of changing your diet (this post)- infographic- whew- panic averted.

You know I’m getting old and can’t take these constant shocks. B)

Timely post BTW.

Cheers, h.

I was checking through all the old threads I’d started, and thought I’d resurrect some. 😉