Who logs in their morning coffee??

Options

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Black coffee drinker and no I don’t - even the occasional milky coffee (usually when I’m offered one and forget to tell someone no milk). But I’m currently on low low calories 1200-1400/day so figure an extra bit doesn’t matter - if I was maxing out my calories everyday then I would log the milky ones but still not the black
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    When I started out I logged everything with calories.
    But noticed I was pretty consistent so put things like tea and coffee into one of my "meals" in my diary and used the quick tools/copy yesterday function to copy over my regular 6 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee.

On a side note I did the same sort of averaging with some of my irregular but significant in terms of calories non-exercise activity (such as 4hrs of heavy duty gardening) and simply bumped my activity setting up a notch to simplify logging.

Had no impact on my results over time but how granular you want to be is very personal. How granular you need to be is also influenced by your overall calorie allowance too. I had a pretty high daily allowance (including a lot of exercise) so a few calories here or there was insignificant.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I don't, I drink it black with a pkt of splenda.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I log it simply because I add sugar to it. Since I drink it daily, it's usually at my frequent foods section. I do not log my tea which I drink without sugar.
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't log the coffee, but I estimate the milk. (Husband makes the coffee and puts a splash of milk in our mugs, and I weighed it once and realized I'm overestimating a bit when I enter the calories, but that's fine by me if I don't have to futz with the routine.)
  • cupotea
    cupotea Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea and coffee black too but I still log them. Really just because I like to be able to see everything I've consumed, not because i'm concerned about the odd calorie from them.
  • roboqueen68
    roboqueen68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Coffee included. It's easy for me as I drink it black.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I do, but because I'm tracking my potassium and coffee is a good source.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee. I log the milk/sugar I put in it though.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    every day.
  • ldigeorge
    ldigeorge Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I try to keep in the habit of logging EVERYTHING I put in my system, down to the melatonin at night.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    While I don't log everything, I do log coffee. Mainly just because I eat the same breakfast just about every morning so it wasn't any real trouble to include the coffee once and then just swipe right to add yesterday's breakfast. My lunches aren't as predictable so I don't usually bother logging the green tea I have every day.

Also, even though the calories in coffee aren't substantial there are other things like potassium that I figured would be worth counting.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296

How much potassium is in a typical cup of coffee? Just curious.
  • karaeaves
    karaeaves Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do but I have mine with milk. Added coffee and milk as a meal for a quick add hehe
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I put creamer in my coffee (1 tbsp), so it gets logged.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296

How much potassium is in a typical cup of coffee? Just curious.

100ish mg. I got 465 mg for 4 cups of coffee this morning. @tacklewasher
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Quick note I split the woo feedback posts off here so it doesn't derail this discussion.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black. I used to log it but it’s minimal calories so I stopped. Does anyone log their morning black coffee? Does it matter if I do? I also don’t log my tea if I drink it.

I don't log it but I do tick off 2 cups of water.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I never did...always just considered it as background noise. I only have a couple of cups in the morning so I wasn't really worried about 4 calories.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I log the tablespoon of half and half I put into my coffee.