Sabotage or just being too sensitive

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,905 Member
    Options
    meeper123 wrote: »
    We had a talk and he wasn't thinking he says but he also has been feeling a little put off by me wanting to lose weight he likes bigger women but also wants me healthy

Are you currently in the Overweight or Obese BMI? If you are just slightly into Overweight, that's not necessarily unhealthy, but more overweight than that and your doctor would want you to lose weight.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    We had a talk and he wasn't thinking he says but he also has been feeling a little put off by me wanting to lose weight he likes bigger women but also wants me healthy

Are you currently in the Overweight or Obese BMI? If you are just slightly into Overweight, that's not necessarily unhealthy, but more overweight than that and your doctor would want you to lose weight.

I am obese 220 lbs atm
  • Hockeymom2three
    Hockeymom2three Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can’t really respond because I don’t know the dynamics of your relationship. It’s only sabotage if he is controlling in other areas of your marriage. If you have a loving relationship then it’s just him doing what he has always done. If you fight constantly, it’s sabotage. Just my opinion.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Also prediabetic

Congrats on your decision to make potentially life saving changes. Explain that you're wanting to live a long and happy life with him and the changes you're working on will help you do that.

Best of luck.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I have made it clear to my husband that I dont want cake, cookies, candy, or soda. I have told him i not to tempt me, but not even a week later he is bringing me home dr pepper's then when I remind him he gets upset. He is overweight as well but does not want to change. He may just be trying to think of me or I am just reading things that aren't there. Either way I needed to vent.

Buy yourself a diet Dr Pepper. Tell him you prefer those.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Tell him the energy of what one can contains. Then drink it. Say "we're going to go for a walk to burn off that energy".

Come back an hour (or whatever) later.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I think your husband was just being thoughtful. My fiancé brings me home food/drink items quite often, especially if he has tried something new and thinks I will like it. If its high cal, which it usually is, I just thank him and say I'm going to put it in the snack box and keep it for when I really fancy it. It pleases all parties that way, and he usually ends up eating whatever it is within about 2 days anyway as he isn't watching his calories. You just have to learn how to deal with these things as they happen.
  • DawnnB67
    DawnnB67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your post and comments. I have been married 20 years and my husband buys me cookies every weekend, an occasional ice cream, AND brings me seconds from dinner. I gave up trying to change him, and finally figured out that that’s how he grew up - food is love, and that’s why he does it. He is also overweight and maybe part of that is to make himself feel better when he eats a lot. I need to find willpower and “tricks” to work around this. But I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem!!
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    might just be for himself. think of it as good training to be able to just not touch those things for a good while.