Juicing success stories

Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Uhhh why not eat your food instead of drink it? Such things are just lost on me. I would be hungry all the *kitten* time If I juiced my produce. Huh... to each their own I guess.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    We used to get a CSA box that often had a lot of oranges in it, enough for a couple big glasses of juice. I would juice them and we’d have the fresh juice with breakfast. It was really tasty, but the juice alone wouldn’t have been nearly enough to fill me up, plus I was getting all the calories and none of the fiber from multiple oranges. Eating just one orange was a lot lower in calories and kept me full longer. Unfortunately, this was all before I started tracking my food, so I believed I was eating “healthy” and didn’t understand why I wasn’t losing any weight.

yep I became obese eating too many fruits and veggies. I thought oh its healthy I can eat as much as I want. nope
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    as if this thread has been resurrected.... :noway: :laugh:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    JB5001 wrote: »
    You can't eat the volume of vegetables that you can juice.

I think you severely underestimate my desire and ability to eat vegetables. ;)

Same.

Take high volume, high fiber, low calorie foods and make them low volume and low fiber so you can easily overconsume. Sounds perfectly logical for weightloss to me.

Also parsnip juice??? Get away from me.

I like parsnips. But the thought of parsnip juice... :confounded:
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Drinking calories is neither satisfying, effective or sustainable for me.

^^ditto this.