STOP talking about how bad it is to get older!

Options

Replies

• Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree, I'm having the time of my life right now and feel as good as I ever have, and I've been an active guy since the day I was born. I may not be as strong or fast as I once was but I'm in much better overall physical, emotional, and spiritual health now than at any other point in my life. LIFE IS GOOD !!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am growing old disgracefully. I have spent much of the summer wearing shorts I haven't worn since I was 25.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    well . . . . talk to me when you're 43, but please do it loudly bc I won't be able to hear you. ha ha ha!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I am growing old disgracefully. I have spent much of the summer wearing shorts I haven't worn since I was 25.

Love this. :happy:

I may be growing older, but I'm sure as hell not getting old.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love, LOVE being 35. Yes, your body changes but that is whats so great about it, you get to change along with it!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Most of you are babies! I am 58 and didn't start running until I was 43. I have done 40 half marathons and 8 full marathons including one in Antarctica and Nepal. I have done several century bike rides and sprint triathlons. No more 'time of month'. I was fortunate to be able to retire early one year ago so now I have all day to bike, hike, run, do yoga, ski and I am learning to play bridge. I do some volunteer work and we moved to beautiful North Carolina last year. A bear walked through my yard tonight! I'm in the best shape of my life and I have friends well into their 70's who run marathons. I hope to be able to keep doing all of this until I keel over at age 100, hopefully while I am out on a trail or mountain somewhere! it is a great time of life!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention getting the senior discounts haha!
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    well . . . . talk to me when you're 43, but please do it loudly bc I won't be able to hear you. ha ha ha!!

LOL ! Loved this one !!!
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Most of you are babies! I am 58 and didn't start running until I was 43. I have done 40 half marathons and 8 full marathons including one in Antarctica and Nepal. I have done several century bike rides and sprint triathlons. No more 'time of month'. I was fortunate to be able to retire early one year ago so now I have all day to bike, hike, run, do yoga, ski and I am learning to play bridge. I do some volunteer work and we moved to beautiful North Carolina last year. A bear walked through my yard tonight! I'm in the best shape of my life and I have friends well into their 70's who run marathons. I hope to be able to keep doing all of this until I keel over at age 100, hopefully while I am out on a trail or mountain somewhere! it is a great time of life!

You, m'lady, are an inspiration. I was depressed about getting older when I hit 30. But since I hit 40 seven years ago, I got a shot of something (not sure what that was) and now I'm back to acting and feeling like a 20 year old! Life is fun in every department!!! Hope I can be as active as you are when I'm 58!
  • FindingFit50s
    Options

You, m'lady, are an inspiration. I was depressed about getting older when I hit 30. But since I hit 40 seven years ago, I got a shot of something (not sure what that was) and now I'm back to acting and feeling like a 20 year old! Life is fun in every department!!!
    Hope I can be as active as you are when I'm 58!

OH, HELLS YEAH!! I guess I had my "mid-life crisis" when I turned 39. But it didn't last long. I went back to college. When I finished my 2 Associate degrees summa cum laude, I got a full academic scholarship from the university of my choice. I finished my Bachelors degree in '09, graduating magna cum laude. Now, I spend my time writing, making jewelry from recycled material and helping my husband decide where we want to settle when he retires. (Making a "scouting" trip to AZ next week.) I'm turning 52 a week from today -- we plan to spend most of it at the Grand Canyon! Life is better than ever - the house to ourselves and no pregnancy (or contraceptive) worries! All I want is to make my goal weight so we can enjoy traveling (and other "activities") with as much energy & stamina as ever! •_~. The "good ol days" are NOW.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yeaaa! I hate all the posts from people like ohhh wait until you reach X age things start slowing down blah blah blahh ... not for everyone... be positive!!!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and am actually stoked to be turning 30 soon!

Lol why??
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options

hhaha you cannot be 43 yrs old ... you are HOT
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Well, I'm one of the people who doesn't relish getting older and who doesn't embrace every birthday. I had a really hard time when I turned 30. Something about no longer being in my 20's made me feel instantly less cool. :tongue: I don't know why this is.. it just is. I don't feel 31, nor do I act it but yeah, I miss being in my later 20's.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45! I love my 40's so far and my 30's were AWESOME! I don't think a woman really knows what fun is until she's at least 30! Great post. Thanks!!
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    I just don't understand people who say the best years of their life were high school or college. That sounds so sad. The best year of my life is whatever year I am currently living! Besides, when I am a senior citizen I will get discounts, and I can pretend to be senile while deliberately cutting people in the grocery line. "What was that, sonny? You were here first. Oh no, I was here with my husband's medicine. It is very important to him..."
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I am much better at 41 than I was at 21!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    After living through my 30's, I welcome the rest of my 40's, 50's, 60's...
    If we can't expect to appreciate our lives more and more as we go along, then let me off the train now.
  • blackroses000
    Options
    Great Post! I couldn't agree with you more! Even though I am only 25 I love each new year that comes! More excitement, more adventures, more experiences and more memories to add to my already very memorable life :) I have a friend who has been complaining that "we're soooo old" since we turned 20 and it drives me crazy! I hope I never fear getting old and that I will always continue to view it as a currently do - more time to do more stuff :)
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    41 and loving it! I am in way better shape (cardiovascular) than I was when I was 21 and a fitness instructor.... BTW, also dating a man in his early twenties, and we are having a wonderful time!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

hhaha you cannot be 43 yrs old ... you are HOT

what?? could you repeat that a bit louder please?? (I just want everyone to hear that.) thanks!!!!! :flowerforyou: